soya milk- good or bad

(10 Posts)
MrsS1990 Wed 13-Apr-16 14:59:45

I'm hearing different things. Google is no help either! Is it good for you of bad for you. Better than normal cows milk or not. And what are the benefits?

Blondie1984 Wed 13-Apr-16 16:29:12

Why are you considering switching to soya milk?

JapanNextYear Wed 13-Apr-16 16:33:09

I thought it tasted awful, very artificial. Full fat cows milk is the way to go, it wards off diabetes and tastes great...

www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/health/fullfat-dairy-milk-can-reduce-the-risk-of-diabetes-and-help-you-lose-weight-say-experts-a3222686.html

Nibbl3s Wed 13-Apr-16 21:50:43

Not particularly good, but a whole lot better than cows milk. Cows milk is for calves, not human beings.

kittentits Wed 13-Apr-16 21:59:07

I didn't like it when I had to be dairy free. Soya based things were generally ok, but the pure milk wasn't great. Almond is nicer.

MrsS1990 Wed 13-Apr-16 23:49:08

I want to switch as I first heard it's better. Now it seems everyone is saying different.

Cows milk is no good for humans? Only calves?

Quogwinkle Thu 14-Apr-16 07:05:39

Almond or oat milk are much nicer than soya milk imo. The (depending on your views, sitting mildly on the fence here) cruelty of the dairy industry to provide humans with cows milk is something worth researching if you are starting to develop concerns about it.

HeteronormativeHaybales Thu 14-Apr-16 07:13:02

Yy to oat milk - I've had to go dairy free because bf dd had allergic colitis and it's been my favourite substitute. Not that impressed with soya.

I would think that, allergies/intolerances aside, ethically produced dairy is probably preferable from a nutritional and taste point of view <wistful, missing my cheese>

MelanieCheeks Thu 14-Apr-16 07:16:03

There's no such thing as good or bad foods. It will depend what your goals are. Are you looking for low calorie, low fat, avoiding dairy?

chelle792 Thu 14-Apr-16 07:20:15

I drink soya, dh doesn't. I believe it has some sort of compound in it that mimics oestrogen which isn't good for men

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now