Mumsnetted pork leg joint.

(20 Posts)
IHaveBrilloHair Wed 06-Apr-16 19:26:46

My latest experiment.
I cant find the photo of it in the packaging, but it was £6.30 from Asda.
There's two of us, me and DD, age 14, each meal has two portions.

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 06-Apr-16 19:29:06

Pork tonnata

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 06-Apr-16 19:31:06

Barbecue pork meatball pizza

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 06-Apr-16 19:33:35

Pulled pork, macaroni cheese, bread and salad.

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 06-Apr-16 19:35:57

Mini jackets with minced pork, spring onions and lemon zest, smoky beans and coleslaw.

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 06-Apr-16 19:38:46

Sliced pork with tomato and olive sauce, slow cooked aubergine, roast yellow peppers and trofie pasta.

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 06-Apr-16 19:40:32

Baked potato, spinach and smoked cheese soup made with pork stock and crackling to dunk.

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 06-Apr-16 19:42:10

Potted pork, pickles, mustard and caramelised onions.

Cakescakescakes Wed 06-Apr-16 19:42:52

Good work! Pizza looks yum.

TheOptimisticPessimist Wed 06-Apr-16 19:48:00

Step aside MN chicken you have been dethroned!

It all looks great Brillo and I love love love your plates and the cheese soup bowl!

Allalonenow Wed 06-Apr-16 19:48:38

Wow! That's fantastic Brillo.
How did you do the tonnata, and what have you served it with?
And pulled pork with macaroni cheese is inspired!

HoundoftheBaskervilles Wed 06-Apr-16 20:10:48

Excellent effort, I bloody love potted things, (and could I have your smoked cheese soup recipe please? Suspect that might be a winner).

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 07-Apr-16 00:55:32

My recipes are made up, but based on what I have read, then I change them according to what I have in/what we like/what's on offer etc.
The soup bowls were a birthday gift from a friend a few years back, I afore Le Creuset, the butter dish in the last photo is the same, a gift, actually from another mnetter.

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 07-Apr-16 01:05:38

In this case the tonnata was a total cheat, mayo from a jar, tinned tuna, lemon juice and garlic, spread over the pork and topped with anchovies.
It's served with bread, salad bits, mixed olives, beetroot and artichoke hearts.
I don't have a recipe for the soup either, that's just baked potatoes, pork stock, applewood smoked cheese and then frozen spinach.
I kinda guess at quantities but I generally know what to use for us going by eye.

Allalonenow Thu 07-Apr-16 11:08:50

All sounds so delicious Brillo, I keep meaning to try tonnata, but haven't yet.
I can see they are artichoke hearts now, I thought they were filo parcels on my small screen. blush

I'm a Le Creuset fan too, I've even got a pinny!

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 07-Apr-16 16:09:25

The artichoke hears are tinned, they are expensive for a tinned veg but cheaper than the jarred ones and we really like them, they make a nice change and since we aren't really fruit eaters we eat lots of veg.
They are great on white pizza especially.

JammyDodger1 Thu 07-Apr-16 17:17:26

My Brisket in the oven now, grin love your ideas!

JammyDodger1 Thu 07-Apr-16 17:22:22

My Brisket in the oven now, grin love your ideas!

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 07-Apr-16 17:47:31

Thank you, do share what you did with it.
I'm making the last meal from a lamb shoulder tomorrow and have started on another chicken.
A side of salmon is next but I need to do a bit of Internet poking as I can't just start with slow cooking it as I usually would.

Allalonenow Thu 07-Apr-16 22:57:18

Have added tinned artichoke to my shopping list!
Gosh, it's years since I had a white pizza, must make one soon. What interesting ideas Brillo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now