left over lamb ideas?

(11 Posts)
Flingingmelon Sun 06-Mar-16 12:28:04

For long, boring, complicated reasons I am about to have a load of roast lamb left over - about four portions.

And suggestions with what I can do with it, other than sandwiches obviously.

Thankyou !

canyou Sun 06-Mar-16 12:30:44

If you make gravy I would freeze it for a dinner another day, or have hash tomorrow I love left overs smile

MarianneSolong Sun 06-Mar-16 12:31:46

Chopped up and put in with fried onions/garlic, tinned tomato, a cinammon stick. carrots.

Serve with couscous.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 06-Mar-16 12:33:09

Google Tana Ramsey 's lamb rogan josh recipe.its delicious I always make it after having roast lamb

Wheresthattomoibabber Sun 06-Mar-16 12:34:56

I made the best shepherds pie ever with leftover roast lamb last week. Chopped it up really small and used leftover gravy with it. Started by frying an onion and some very finely diced carrot and then stirred it all in. Added thyme and cinnamon. Gorgeous.

OurBlanche Sun 06-Mar-16 12:35:47

Make too many roasties/veg too.

Then make patties: layer of veg/potato then a layer of lamb, a last layer of veg/potato. Squish together, I use a egg/muffin circle thingy.

They can be frozen. To reheat fry them off, it is a type of hash, serve with an egg.

Or: shred it down and add whatever you like. Buy ready made pastry, rl it thinner and make empanadas, little pasties. DH makes half moons I just do triangles smile

Chop it down, add peas, chopped carrots and gravy, top with mash potato, shepherds pie, or in pastry!

Bunbaker Sun 06-Mar-16 12:36:56

I stir fry it with some aromatic middle eastern spices - coriander, cinnamon, cumin and a touch of chilli plus some seasoning and serve it in some pitta bread with salad and a yogurt and mint dip.

Sometimes I mince it and make shepherd's pie with it. This is how my mum used to make shepherd's pie and IMO it is the tastiest shepherd's pie ever.

Flingingmelon Sun 06-Mar-16 13:45:35

These all sound lovely, glad DH misread the Mother's Day recipe now grin

blahblueblah Sun 06-Mar-16 23:04:41

Shepherds pie - best made with leftover road lamb.

PedantPending Mon 07-Mar-16 19:28:52

Moussaka?

BrennieGirl Mon 07-Mar-16 19:39:36

I just serve it chopped up cold (although I like the sound of frying it with spices) with pitta bread, hummus, roasted peppers and salad. Always goes down a treat.

I'm definitely going to try shepherds pie with left overs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now