Best Chilli recipes please!!

(11 Posts)
louise2011 Thu 11-Feb-16 18:44:45

I love chilli but haven't mastered the perfect chilli yet!
Have been trying for years & it's nice- dark chocolate definitely adds to the depth of flavour but it's missing something?
Hit me with your all time best recipes!

Cornishblues Thu 11-Feb-16 21:59:44

Remus' quorn chilli: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/food_and_recipes/a2130401-Once-a-week-vegetarian-recipes

Snozberry Fri 12-Feb-16 19:20:43

Jamie Olivers sweet potato veggie chilli is really nice, I double the spices and add mushrooms.

louise2011 Sat 13-Feb-16 18:05:24

Thanks - will try both soon. Have mince in fridge though so will have to have my 'average chilli' this week!!

LoveAGoodToddlerTantrum Sat 13-Feb-16 18:17:38

My chilli recipe:
Brown mince
Add onion and garlic
Add 2tsp cumin 2tsp chilli powder
Add jar sun dried tomato paste
2 tins kidney beans
2 tins chopped toms
Some water
Bit of dark choc
Cinnamon stick
Pop in oven for couple of hours lid on then 1/2 he without at 170c

PolterGoose Sat 13-Feb-16 20:55:09

Mines not authentic but I like it.

Sweat onions and peppers in oil for a bit, add mince and brown. Add garlic and cook for a bit. Add cumin, chilli powder, smoked paprika and oregano and mix around a bit to let the flavours develop. Add a squeeze of tom purée and mix it in. Add tinned toms and drained tinned kidney beans. Add salt and pepper. Cook low for ages. Add a huge amount of chopped coriander. Once wilted it's ready.

Quantities are all a bit random depending on what I've got.

DamnCommandments Sat 13-Feb-16 20:56:29

Chipotle chilis are a 'must have'

Indecisivejo Mon 15-Feb-16 16:29:09

I make one that's lovely but it's not your traditional chilli is smokey bbq chilli and it's minced pork not beef if your interested?

AmIbeingaBitch Mon 15-Feb-16 16:35:35

I used diced beef, also add cinnamon and half a teaspoon of brown sugar to the basics.

patterkiller Mon 15-Feb-16 16:54:20

The bbc website one is lovely. I usually do it in the slow cooker it makes the sauce really intense.

Pootles2010 Mon 15-Feb-16 17:00:27

I've never found better than Alistair Hendrys, it's online here. Really really good. Not quick! But good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now