sweetcorn fritters

(9 Posts)
theclick Sun 07-Feb-16 11:43:40

Has anyone tried these? I want to try tonight but having made them before I know they can be a little tricker than one would think ie you need to get the egg/flour ratio ok. Anyone have any tricks?

diymania Sun 07-Feb-16 11:57:40

I've done bill granger's sweetcorn fritters (Aussie chef behind bill's chains) and they are very good. bit like pancakes probably ditch the first one! And getting heat right - not too hot to burn them, but hot enough that they cook through and don't taste oily. I think not doing them too large helps with that too.

www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/bill-granger-recipes-our-chef-reveals-the-secrets-behind-his-famous-sweetcorn-fritters-10476770.html

LovelyFriend Sun 07-Feb-16 12:20:36

They are a kiwi classic and we use creamed corn which is tricky to find in UK. Try blending half the tin.

MiddleClassProblem Sun 07-Feb-16 12:23:54

I do these ones:
www.madeformums.com/baby/cheesy-sweetcorn-fritters/16923.html

I now I know what the consistency is like I have done it with other ingredients too. Banana and raisin is a hit x

soupmaker Sun 07-Feb-16 12:24:16

Yes. I love 'em. I make them with scotch pancake batter minus sugar and with a pinch of sweet smoked paprika. Yummy.

MiddleClassProblem Sun 07-Feb-16 12:24:44

Also should add we all eat them, not just for the little one

DillieDoily Thu 11-Feb-16 14:27:05

I make these easy ones for DC - they are very tasty
http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/sweetcorn-fritters

Love them but don't follow a recipe - just sweetcorn, flour, eggs, chilli, coriander, spices if you want. And they need chilli sauce to go with!

DarkBlueEyes Thu 11-Feb-16 17:40:50

Total classic in NZ, you can use creamed corn as mentioned above (often found in Thai shops) or normal corn. God I fancy some now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now