What's your favourite Chinese recipe?

(14 Posts)
MooseyMoo Thu 04-Feb-16 16:55:03

Thinking of cooking Chinese food on Monday for Chinese New Year and need some inspiration. What are your favourite recipes?

My favourite is Shredded Sichuan Chicken with sesame seeds by Ken Hom but I don't think the kids would like the Sichuan pepper in it.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 04-Feb-16 16:57:36

Does Singapore noodles count? The Delia Smith recipe, - my family request me to make it weekly. Although as it is quite fiddly, I don't!

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Thu 04-Feb-16 17:02:39

I've got a pork and aubergine hotpot in the oven for dinner. Easy to put together and DS likes it as long as I leave the chilli out. Here's the recipe I use:

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4679/asian-aubergine-and-pork-hotpot

whifflesqueak Thu 04-Feb-16 17:04:31

Jamie's steamed pork buns. he uses leftover pork - I think because it's in the money saving meals series? but I slow cook pork belly in honey and cumin if I don't have any handy leftovers.

also the Dumpling Sister's... anything they do!

whifflesqueak Thu 04-Feb-16 17:04:53

ignore errant apostrophe...

TeaAndBisquits Thu 04-Feb-16 17:53:41

damndelicious.net/2014/01/18/baked-sweet-sour-chicken/?m

This is lovely and the kids love it too. I add carrots and peppers in the last 15 minutes. It's loaded with sugar, but as a one off, it's great!

MooseyMoo Thu 04-Feb-16 18:25:59

Through This looks perfect for a weekend meal but I agree it looks fiddly. Why do they always love the fiddly recipes angry

goodbye I've recently discovered I love aubergines so this looks delicious

whiffle Oooooh steamed buns <drool> Off to google Dumpling Sisters

Tea Sweet & Sour is my favourite takeaway dish. Think I'll make this for the kids and another dish for DH and I.

mrspremise Sun 07-Feb-16 12:52:15

Hainanese Chicken is my favourite, but I've already been nagged mercilessly asked nicely by DH and the DC to make chicken fried rice for Lunar New Year tomorrow grin

Coletterbox Sun 07-Feb-16 21:31:33

This one s quite fun and really easy smile www.eatdrinkcook.co.uk/chinese-salmon/

CaptainWarbeck Mon 08-Feb-16 07:56:20

Crispy duck with pancakes, sauce and shredded cucumber and spring onions. Shame I'm veggie, haven't eaten it for years but miss it more than bacon!

<entirely misses point of thread)

ICanSeeForMiles Mon 08-Feb-16 07:59:37

I know chicken fried rice is a doddle to make Mrspremise but what recipe do you use? I always feel I've added too much soy sauce and it's missing something.

EssentialHummus Mon 08-Feb-16 08:05:32

As a side dish - pak choi (Chinese leaves), stir fried in a hot pan with garlic and oyster sauce. I can eat tonnes of it grin

MooseyMoo Mon 08-Feb-16 14:52:27

I love crispy duck <wipes drool off iPad>

I'm trying a new recipe in the slow cooker - Northern Chinese Lamb. It's been cooking since 7.20am and it smells delicious.

I've just ordered the Dumpling Sisters' book as it's £7.99 on Amazon

MissBattleaxe Mon 08-Feb-16 14:59:18

Not really authentic but Mayflower Chinese Curry sauce powder is exactly like Chinese takeaway curry. I buy it from Home Bargains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now