Inspiration....what can I make with these ingredients?

(5 Posts)
PhoenixReisling Thu 04-Feb-16 11:32:29

I need some inspiration for dinner tonight for the DC and I.

I have the following:

Humous
Tomatos
Cucumber
Spring onions
Carrots
Potatoes
Onions
Mature cheddar
Bacon
Spinach

I also have, pasta, cous cous, rice and lots of spices. I'd prefer not to have pasta >again<.

Any ideas?

LadyStoicIsBack Thu 04-Feb-16 12:32:57

If you have eggs then you could make a very gorgy fritatta - bacon, cheese, onion or the spring onions, spinach (just blanch for a minute or so before adding to the mix) and sliced potatoes (again, par blanched). Is fab as any left can be eaten cold the next day and is great for healthy packed lunches etc.

Let me know if you want the recipesmile

PhoenixReisling Thu 04-Feb-16 13:20:46

No eggs unfortunately!

Sounds nice though smile

PitPatKitKat Thu 04-Feb-16 13:48:34

How about russian potatoes?

Peel and parboil potatoes, leave to cool. Then make a cheese sauce. Slice potatoes thinly and add a layer of thinly sliced onion (or spring onion if you prefer a milder taste) and some chopped bacon, pour over some cheese sauce. Top with another layer of thinly sliced potatoes, the rest of the cheese sauce and some grated cheese. Bake at 200C for 40mins to an hour or until cheese on top is bubbling. Serve with salad (grated carrots, tomato, cucumber)

whois Thu 04-Feb-16 22:33:18

Have you got any spices in? I'd do a Moroccan style spiced onion and potato rosti and serve with a nice chopped salad with all the salad bits and the humous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now