Mummyoftwo91 Sat 23-Jan-16 10:36:58

Pleasegrin

lastqueenofscotland Sat 23-Jan-16 11:38:12

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1351/paneer-in-herby-tomato-sauce this is divine

Wickedwitch1 Sat 23-Jan-16 12:08:02

I like this one:

www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/split-pea-and-vegetable-curry/

CeeBeeBee Sat 23-Jan-16 18:13:37

Riverford has a lovely butternut squash and chickpea curry that uses coconut milk and lemon grass.

Coletterbox Sun 24-Jan-16 12:53:09

There are a couple of veg curries from my blog that I love smile

www.eatdrinkcook.co.uk/recipe-creamy-coconut-butternut-squash-curry/

www.eatdrinkcook.co.uk/chickpea-curry/

MouldyPeach Sun 24-Jan-16 20:12:17

I make a really easy one with the kids which is basically onions & garlic fried with either quorn pieces or chunky veg, add curry powder & whatever spices, add coconut milk & bit of water & simmer for half hour. Super simple but always goes down well smile

MouldyPeach Sun 24-Jan-16 20:13:24

Oh also add flaked almonds but is still good without

RiverTam Sun 24-Jan-16 20:24:52

Can't link as on phone but we do Jamie's South Indian veggie curry, pretty sure it's on his website.

Mummyoftwo91 Mon 25-Jan-16 19:13:31

Thank you everyone

fishfacedcow Mon 25-Jan-16 19:19:00

i do a butternut squash and chickpea with coconut milk one which is just the right combination of sweet and textures. I love it.

BagelfortheNewYear Tue 26-Jan-16 11:35:28

this is brilliant. I've made it several times and we love it. My DD has been eating it for the last 2 nights and said she wants to have it tonight as well!

I added about 1/4 head of cauliflower last time and a tsp of harissa paste for a bit more kick. I halve the recipe which still makes enough for 4 people, with probably a bit left over.

batshitlady Tue 26-Jan-16 11:59:26

Oh Oh try this one -- trust me -- it's superb.

Make a 'mix' by Grinding up -- lemon grass, green chilli, coriander stalks, shallots, garlic, galangal, cumin & coriander powder.
Fry half of it for a minute then add -- sweet potato, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, whatever veg' you like. Add good quality Coconut milk, lime juice, dash of sugar. Cook veg in that, and when done, add loads fresh coriander and basil as well as the rest of the 'mix' you ground up. Mix it through but don't cook it too much. Serve......

Trust me -- it's fabulous -- spicy, creamy and fresh tasting. Better than any Thai curry I've had in any restaurant.

I got it from this Thai lady on youTube and wrote it down. Haven't for the life of me been able to find it again though.

batshitlady Tue 26-Jan-16 12:01:28

Forgot : and a big glug of Fish Sauce at the end..

RiverTam Tue 26-Jan-16 12:07:31

Fish sauce? In a veggie curry?

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 26-Jan-16 12:16:36

It depends if the op meant vegetable or vegetarian I guess.
lots of my vegetable based meals aren't actually vegetarian, because we aren't.

muddiboots Tue 26-Jan-16 21:55:24

Fishfacedcow, any chance of recipe, link? Pretty please

toffeeboffin Thu 28-Jan-16 02:08:20

Nice blog, coletterbox smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now