Need help tonight! What food to buy in sainsburys for a potentially long mid - morning meeting?

(8 Posts)
Toowittoowoo Tue 19-Jan-16 19:23:21

I am chairing a meeting tomorrow of volunteers that now looks like it will be longer than anticipated. It is usually 10am -12pm and we provide coffee and biscuits. I have no idea how long this one will last possibly only 30mins over - hopefully not longer but I can't guarantee it as it depends how long they talk for.

What food stuff can I pick up on my way into work that people can eat mid - morning and not disrupt the meeting. I thought crossaints but had no other ideas.

Please help me mumsnet because I need run into sainsburys and back out quickly and I don't have time to stare blankly that the shelves at 9am tomorrow!

DoreenLethal Tue 19-Jan-16 19:25:34

Surely coffee and biscuits is enough? Just get an extra pack or two.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Tue 19-Jan-16 19:31:56

Doughnuts
Bananas
Cookies
Fruit juices

Allalonenow Tue 19-Jan-16 19:32:18

I wouldn't do croissants, too many crumbs and flakes and what about butter/jam?

Just put out extra biscuits, perhaps a plate of flapjacks sliced in half, and a plate of Bonne Mamam Madeleines, they're easy to eat.

CMOTDibbler Tue 19-Jan-16 19:32:52

I think biscuits would be fine - people can last an extra 30 minutes. Croissants would be v messy, but maybe some mini muffins if you were feeling generous

WhoKn0wsWhereTheMistletoes Tue 19-Jan-16 19:33:31

Some of those packs of tiny brownies, flapjacks etc from the bakery section. Sainsburys jam doughnuts are v.good too.

FadedRed Tue 19-Jan-16 19:34:37

Mini Danish pastries. Flapjacks.
Something savoury like mini sausage rolls, with some cheese and onion/veggies mini rolls. Tuc cheese sandwich biscuits.
Some savoury filled wraps from the sandwich counter then cut then into 1inch size.
Fruit like strawberries, satsumas, small apples, bananas.

Bedat10 Tue 19-Jan-16 19:38:57

I run volunteer meetings all the time and you can't go wrong with the mini flapjacks/crispy cake/mini roll type bakery boxes (2 for £3 at sainsburys usually). I'd also get a punnet of grapes, one of strawberries and a bag of satsumas in case anyone is on a January diet.
Tea, coffee, water, job done smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now