Please help me with a wow pudding?

(15 Posts)
Swifey Wed 13-Jan-16 20:23:20

That's fairly cheap, easy to pre-prepare and delish!! My go to is panettone bread and butter pudding (but can't get any panettone at the mo) or a delicious vanilla cheesecake with red berries cooked in sloe gin, but just fancy something a bit more wintery? I have to be able to transport it in the car too. Any ideas? (Preferably not anything chocolate or coconut!!) smile

Luc28 Wed 13-Jan-16 21:53:10

My suggestion would be .....
Creme brulee served in quirky China tea cups, home made thin shortbreads and strawberry and champagne shot (purée)

Would be v Easy to transport and when you arrive just set out on a slate slab with tea cup placed on, shortbread artfully placed and berry purée shot in a tiny jar or bottle with straw

Luc28 Wed 13-Jan-16 21:54:42

Or .... Play it safe with sticky toffee pud possibly serve with a nice ice cream placed in a brandy snap basket

LordEmsworth Fri 15-Jan-16 19:38:18

If you're not doing too many - so can do individual portions - lemon posset is easy and lush. With shortbread on the side.

ivykaty44 Fri 15-Jan-16 21:45:54

I like James martins lemon posset its dead simple and decking easy to make, easy to transport. Make in pretty glasses or tea/ coffee cups

Taste divine

LadyMercy Fri 15-Jan-16 22:02:08

How about a lemon tart? Tarts always look impressive, serve with raspberry sorbet

JamNan Sun 17-Jan-16 13:44:46

Baked jam roly poly with custard jam-rolypoly recipe

Sticky Gingerbread Pudding with ginger wine and brandy sauce (and custard) can be made in advance and reheated
recipe here

Banana & Baileys bread & butter pud
recipe here

Rhubarb crumble (I saw the first of the forced rhubarb in the greengrocers last week.

KitKat1985 Sun 17-Jan-16 17:15:54

A banoffee pie?

MiddleClassProblem Sun 17-Jan-16 17:17:52

Tiramisu?

Slimmingcrackers Sun 17-Jan-16 17:18:32

Sussex pond pudding

Slimmingcrackers Sun 17-Jan-16 17:25:13

although you do need to simmer it for 3-4 hrs, so perhaps not the easiest

How about a cardamon creme brulee? Or some sort of poached pear recipe? Or middle-eastern clementine cake or somesuch?

ShinyShinyShiny Sun 17-Jan-16 17:29:16

I really like bread and butter pudding made with brioche, or Nigella's caramel croissant pudding is along similar lines.

How about a baked caramel cheesecake? I have a lovely recipe somewhere I can dig out if you like the sound of it. It involves a tin of Carnation caramel, cream cheese and very little effort.

Ancienchateau Sun 17-Jan-16 18:37:17

Tarte tatin?

Charitygirl1 Sun 17-Jan-16 18:43:58

Always a pavlova in these situations for me. I transport the base and the topping separately and assemble on arrival. Current fave is a coffee base (nigella has a recipe but it's incredibly simple). I then make a coffee creme patisserie with the egg yolks and transport that in a Tupperware - I put that on top of the base and then top that with whipped cream, also from a Tupperware. Cocoa sieved on top and it's a cappuccino pavlova. Quite impressive but a plain pav with whipped cream and fruit also always goes down well and is even easier.

Higge Sun 17-Jan-16 22:28:27

Individual rice puddings - I like to flavour mine with orange zest and vanilla. Make in a saucepan, then spoon into large ramakins and bake while you eat for a lovely skin. Serve with a spoonful of Marscapone or clotted cream.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now