Bread and Butter pudding query

(5 Posts)
LittleMiss77 Thu 31-Dec-15 08:45:38

I'm making a Pain au Chocolat and orange bread and butter pudding for tonight, but I want to get it out of the way this morning so i can get on with some other stuff

Is this something you can make in advance? Will it still work ok? Would you assmble it all now and stick in fridge until later or would you keep the Pain au chocolat and custard separate and chuck together just before putting in the oven?

ClaireFraser Thu 31-Dec-15 08:51:23

I would get everything ready bar pouring on the custard, and then do that bit just before goes in oven.

Sounds delicious! I make a Jamie Oliver recipe panettone B&B pudding which is jut the best pudding ever!

bazingasheldon Thu 31-Dec-15 08:53:03

I would keep the pain au chocolat and custard separate as I find it can go a bit too soggy for me if I leave it standing about it the fridge before baking. I am making a chocolate chip panettone one for this evening's dessert which I haven't tried before so hopefully it tastes just as delicious as my usual pain au chocolat/brioche one.

LittleMiss77 Thu 31-Dec-15 09:11:28

Thanks both - i shall keep the custard away from the pastries until the last minute.

claire i was going to make the JO one, but im not too sure how i feel about panettone in general!

ClaireFraser Fri 01-Jan-16 19:20:40

I'm not a big panettone fan, I would never eat it as it is - but panettone B&B pudding is the food of the gods! I made one this morning and cannot wait for my pudding later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now