Can someone inspire me with some low carb / high protein, no cook lunches?

(6 Posts)
sweetheart Mon 02-Nov-15 11:43:04

I have been trying to moderate my carbs and eat healthy lunches packed with protein and some healthy fat. Salads have been an obvious choice but now the weather has turned colder I'm struggling to find inspiration for what to eat? My office doesn't really have cooking facilities - we have a microwave and a kettle but that's about it. Can anyone give me some lovely lunch ideas?

msrisotto Mon 02-Nov-15 11:52:59

I don't know about the low carb, high protein stuff personally, but I have really taken to making my own pot noodles.

Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall’s DIY Pot Noodles

Chorizo & tomato

Chicken and Dill

Vegetable, Miso and Sesame is my favourite

Otherwise, you can't beat soup, right?

EElisavetaOfBelsornia Mon 02-Nov-15 11:56:32

The noodles would be low carb if you used Konjac such as Zero Noodles. Or spiralised veg.

AGapInTheMarket Mon 02-Nov-15 12:00:34

I found low carb much easier to do once I let go of the idea of "meals" - so many are based around carbs like pasta, pastry, noodles, rice. Instead, I am now happy to eat a delicious selection of non-carby foods without feeling like I've missed out on anything. For instance, a handful of cherry tomatoes, some nice cheese, some celery dipped into a cream cheese based dip, olives, some lettuce leaves to wrap around stuff, cold meats, some strawberries and a bowl of greek yoghurt. Filling, low carb and totally doable in an office. I often go to the supermarket at lunchtime on a Monday and stock the work fridge with yummy things to last me all week.

sweetheart Mon 02-Nov-15 12:04:06

Gap,

i have actually done that before - some falafals, bit of hummus, some hallumi, olives etc but I got a bit bored of that. Perhaps I just need to find alternatives!

Highlove Mon 02-Nov-15 13:30:01

Some sort of lentil-based salad? Puy lentils would be your friend here. I like them with some veg (roasted would be nice) and chicken or goat's cheese or something, finished with a bit if vinaigrette.

Or soups, if you've got a microwave - nice meaty soups or with chickpeas or lentils or whatever for protein. Either make your own or buy then - waitrose does a fabulous range.

Leftovers from dinner?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now