Using up chicken thighs...

(8 Posts)
AnonymousBird Wed 16-Sep-15 11:26:24

I have taken a pack of six skinless chicken thighs out of the freezer to use up as they have been there a while. I need to cook them tomorrow or Friday.

Ideally want to make a meal to stretch to all four of us, at two separate sittings (tea and dinner) so a one pot type dish ideally that can suit both with rice/mash/jacket etc.

What would you make? Thanks!

Thefitfatty Wed 16-Sep-15 11:28:10

I'd make a curry of some type. Do you have a slow cooker? There are some great chicken thigh curry recipes on google if you take a look.

BeautifulBatman Wed 16-Sep-15 11:31:38

Chicken pie? Chop the thighs up. Fry off in butter/oil mix with celery, onion, carrot, any other veg you can add to bulk it out - i aDD leels, mushrooms, squash, whatever is in the fridge. Then add a couple of tablespoons of flour to make a roux. Add chicken stock and milk until you have a nice thick creamy pie filling. Put in throw away foil takeaway deep sided pie dishes. Top with mash. It freezes really well and can be cooked again from frozen or defrosted in the oven. With the meat, veg and potatoes, it really is a one pot meal.

nipersvest Wed 16-Sep-15 11:43:11

was going to suggest chicken and leek pie too, or a chicken supreme?, add mushrooms, a cream, white wine and garlic sauce and serve with boiled rice.

AnonymousBird Wed 16-Sep-15 12:40:24

Lovely - I could happily go with any of these, just need that spark to set me off in the right direction. They came out of the freezer, look so uninspiring just in the tray like that!!!

Thanks people. smile

lighteningirl Wed 16-Sep-15 12:42:23

Chicken chow mein

ilovemydoggy Wed 16-Sep-15 12:51:52

Sweet chilli chicken noodles. You could cook the chicken and lots of veg to go with a mash and then add noodles and sweet chilli sauce to make another dinner.

fuzzpig Wed 16-Sep-15 12:55:41

Jambalaya! Rice, tinned tomatoes, paprika (or chorizo if you have any), veg like courgette onion and pepper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now