<flutters eyelashes > answers ASAP pleaseeeeee

(14 Posts)
Gileswithachainsaw Tue 25-Aug-15 13:32:11

Okay so kids go back soon and your help with breakfasts was amazing do now if it's okay I'd like your opinion on something else.

I'm about to go shopping and was going to try those prep in freezer bag slow cooker meals as staggered starts mean I'll be spending my time going to and from school. And the traffic that involves.

So, anyone done it?

Do they work?

How do they taste?

Is it better to blanch chopped veg first or just put it in the freezer bag?

Tia

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 25-Aug-15 13:43:27

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 25-Aug-15 13:54:35

Anyone?

<hands round cake>

PeppaPigStinks Tue 25-Aug-15 14:21:51

Breakfasts - I've been in a hole since I had to re do my password. Finally got round to it yesterday!

Anyway a breakfast thread sounds yum!

I tend to do the prep at the time but cook double the amount and freeze that instead wink

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 25-Aug-15 14:30:52

I do that already grin

I was just planning on trying g these meals in a bag and was hoping to see of anyone had tried it and whether it was worth doing.

hooray for left overs and double quantities though. Thanks to dd1s new obsession with her hair and dd2 taking an age to get dressed I have to put shopping off til later. Thank god I have some spag bol in the freezer or id be stuck for tea winkgrin

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 25-Aug-15 16:02:36

One last hopeful bump befire I head off later ...

mrspremise Tue 25-Aug-15 16:47:40

I do them. Usually spend a half day on filling a freezer drawer with bags, then just defrost overnight and tip in the pot in the morning. All day on low. I also quite often fill the pot in the evening and stick it in the fridge overnight, then bung it in on low all day.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 25-Aug-15 16:48:25

How do they taste? smile

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 25-Aug-15 16:48:59

Do the dishes suffer from not being browned/sautéed first

Dancingqueen17 Tue 25-Aug-15 18:28:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 25-Aug-15 20:39:40

Well I've just bought out morrissons so hope they turn out ok grin

987flowers Wed 26-Aug-15 07:45:21

Will be interested to see how well they work. Like someone else said I tend to double each recipe whilst cooking and then have the cooked meal ready but I do always like the idea of have bags ready to shove in in the morning!

I think I'd have to choose my recipe carefully though as I'm a bit fussy about what I like in the slowcooker.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 26-Aug-15 14:08:05

Well I've done the first five. which when I take into account using the left overs and not needing them.at weekends it should theoretically last about two weeks.

got a few more to do tomorrow. I am sceptical and excited in equal measures. I've bagged up the onions/leaks separately so I can at least sauté them off first.

irie Wed 02-Sep-15 07:35:15

I tried once and the veg (carrots esp) were horrible. I froze them raw. Have you used yours yet? Hope it was more successful than my attempt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now