2 portions of braising steak
2 portions (around 5 pieces each) of Oxtail
4 portions of pork loins
2 whole chickens
2 pork shoulder joints
4 portion of lamb chop chopped into chunks
a pork knuckle
12 burgers

for £90. Was that a good deal? I thought so mainly because of the chicken (and the fact he carried to my car for me as I'm preggo and had DS1 on my back)

Now what do I batch cook for the freezer? I need meals I can cook easily when home from work.
will do steak and ale pie, chicken and leek pie, chicken fajitas, lasagne/cottage pie. No idea what to do with the lamb, pork and oxtail. I have a slow cooker.. any ideas?

ThePhoenixRising Thu 13-Aug-15 15:06:04

I think that is a good deal. By portions of mince etc do you mean enough for one person or enough for say 2 adults and 2 kids?

Allalonenow Thu 13-Aug-15 15:16:13

Oxtail braised with carrots and haricot blanc, cook the day before you will eat it, take the meat off the bones, then reheat on the day.

Pork knuckle, you could make soup with this, if there isn't much meat on it.

Lamb copped into chunks, sounds ideal for Lamb Navarin, a light stew with peas and summer vegetables.

Pork loins, cut into medallions, fry or grill and serve with creamy mustard sauce and mash. Or do a tray bake with lemons and fennel and new potatoes.

VeryEarlyDays Thu 13-Aug-15 15:26:50

a portion is a bag big enough for 2 adults and DS. He also bagged it all up for me which was brill for all the chicken is in 2 breast bags etc.

Oxtail and baked beans sounds.nice, could I do that in the slow cooker do you think?

Allalonenow Thu 13-Aug-15 15:46:34

I don't have a slow cooker (MN failure) but yes, I would think it would work well in a SC. Use some wine and plenty of herbs, a few crushed juniper berries would be good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now