Favorite vegetarian recipes

(16 Posts)
rebellove Mon 03-Aug-15 06:55:52

Looking for some inspiration! What are your favorite vegetarian recipes?
TIA

Dancingqueen17 Mon 03-Aug-15 12:14:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Roasted tofu.
Press tofu for a few hours by wrapping it in a teatowel, sitting it between two plates and weighting the top plate down with some tins.
Slice the tofu into slim strips, about half a centimetre thick.
Get a plate and pour on some oil, soy sauce and a good sprinkling of five spice powder and chilli flakes.
Dip the tofu slices in the oil mix - both sides.
Roast on a baking sheet for about half an hour, turning once.
These are brilliant in a Thai curry, or cut into smaller pieces and put into pancakes with plum sauce and lettuce and cucumber, like crispy duck pancakes, or in a baguette as a kind of banh mi.

Also, lentil dahl and veggie chilli. Can post my recipes if you want them.

VolumniaDedlock Mon 03-Aug-15 12:26:47

veggie burritos
I make a veggie chilli with peppers, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes and onion.
stick it in a tortilla with lettuce, cheese, guacamole, and sour cream.

I also love delia's courgette and feta cakes, which we serve with rice and peas.

Mega easy veggie burritos for lazy days!

Fry an onion, some garlic and some diced peppers. Add a couple of tins of mixed beans and some passata, plus some red chilli flakes, a glug of barbecue sauce and some chipotle paste.

Use to fill warmed tortillas, with cheese, soured cream and anything else you fancy.

Bunbaker Mon 03-Aug-15 12:42:08

AmuseYourBouche is a fantastic site for inspirational recipes.

gamerchick Mon 03-Aug-15 12:43:52

Ooh I made something to try out on the husband as he's the most stubborn man ever meat with every meal type. I want to widen his horizon as I'm board with the same old.

He went back for seconds it was that nice. Result grin

toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2010/07/summer-2010-travel-blog-shakshuka/

lastqueenofscotland Mon 03-Aug-15 15:02:58

There is a pea paneer and cauliflower curry on bbc good food that is off the scale delicious

PurpleDaisies Mon 03-Aug-15 15:09:29

I've done that paneer and pea curry lastqueen and I agree it is fantastic.

Simon Rimmer's Accidental Vegetarian book (I think that's what it is called) has a great recipe for a white bean chilli and also field mushroom pies that you cook in a muffin tin so they're pork pie sized. They always go down really well.

PurpleDaisies Mon 03-Aug-15 15:12:47

Chilli recipe is on this website...
www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/jan/25/winter-food-vegetables

PurpleDaisies Mon 03-Aug-15 15:13:57

Mushroom pies are here...
www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/field-mushroom-pies/

Fugghetaboutit Mon 03-Aug-15 15:15:17

Anything Ottelenghi mmm especially his spinach and mushroom lasagne

PurpleDaisies Mon 03-Aug-15 15:16:40

This filo is is really good too and easy to change up depending on what you've got in the fridge.
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4540/crispy-greekstyle-pie-

Mushroom pie:

Fry onions, garlic and mushrooms. Slosh in red wine (or port), a spoon of Marmite and some herbs if wished. Cook down until the wine has reduced a fair bit. Shove into a pie dish and crumble Stilton over. Top with pastry and bake. It's gorgeous and tastes as if you've spent ages over it, when actually it's ridiculously easy.

rebellove Tue 04-Aug-15 19:49:09

Thank you so much for all your great suggestions. Plenty there to keep me occupied for a while smile

Gusthetheatrecat Fri 07-Aug-15 13:47:38

Wow, these all look amazing. Marking my place - thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now