Breakfast ideas.

(10 Posts)
Lg74 Sun 02-Aug-15 18:19:48

What does everyone have for breakfast? I always have cereal and am so bored of it. Toast doesn't fill me up, I'm hungry again half an hour later! Looking for some inspiration. I'm not veggie an not that fussy (but not keen on fish) confused

Dancingqueen17 Sun 02-Aug-15 18:39:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HeyMicky Sun 02-Aug-15 18:46:51

Eggs in all forms
Veggie muffins
Smoothies
Bagel or wrap instead of toast
Quesadillas
Yoghurt and fruit
French toast/eggy bread
Grilled tomatoes
Beans on toast

Lg74 Sun 02-Aug-15 19:24:45

Thanks for your ideas. Toast with peanut butter and bananas sounds good. I 've got time in the mornings to cook something but seem to stick to cereal. I had yoghurt and raspberries one morning but it wasn't as filling as cereal (porridge esp ). I'm going to try some of your suggestions thus week. smile

StGodolphin Sun 02-Aug-15 19:27:22

Rye bread with avacado and grilled tomatoes on top.

lastqueenofscotland Sun 02-Aug-15 20:05:28

Beans on toast much more filing

I find bagels more filling that toast

I hate egg but egg is a good breakfast

Sausages and beans

Porridge if you like it

Pancakes are my favourite except for left over takeout pizza

rebellove Mon 03-Aug-15 07:03:17

Staffordshire oakcakes (you can get them from Sains) filled with crumbly cheese, rolled up and microwaved for 1 min. (my fave)

Ham and cheese between two slices of bread. Dipped in egg and fried.

Healthier: Plain yoghurt with granola, nuts and seeds, banana

5446 Mon 03-Aug-15 19:10:12

Every Sunday I make either honey oat muffins to have with fruit or a loaf of bread to have with avo.

Normally lasts me the week or have beans on toast on days that I run out.

AnotherGirlsParadise Mon 03-Aug-15 19:15:36

I mash avocado with garlic, sliced spring onion, lime juice and dried chilli flakes, then spread it on sourdough toast with 2 poached eggs - it's lovely. Sometimes I replace the toast with a big handful of wilted spinach and some sliced fried chorizo.

Highlove Tue 04-Aug-15 09:20:43

I do a batch of savoury muffins (some sort of variation on ham, cheese and spinach current favourites) and freeze. They're great for days when I'm travelling - chuck one in my bag the night before and its ready to eat when I'm on the train.

Days when I've more time might be cheese on toast, marmite on toast, scrambled egg with stuff (tomato, avo, whatever I can find lurking in the fridge) on toast, fried egg on...yes you guessed it. If I'm eating with DD maybe porridge or pancakes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now