Tuna steaks tonight, any ideas?

(10 Posts)
mummy0bummy Sun 19-Jul-15 15:52:36

So I've defrosted (phone wanted to say 'defrocked' grin) some tuna steaks for tonight. I was going to pan fry them and and serve with some steamed broccoli and whatever else is lurking in the fridge but wondered if anyone wanted to share any thrilling ideas with me? Had vague thoughts of cooking and flaking the tuna for a salad but wasn't feeling the inspiration.

FurtherSupport Sun 19-Jul-15 16:01:35

IMO the most important thing is that they're very lightly cooked, under rather than over done, or they'll be all dry like tinned tuna. BBQ gives good results.

soulfuleyes Sun 19-Jul-15 16:34:35

Mine are defrosting at the moment op. I'm going to marinade in soy, lime (zest and juice), ginger, garlic and chilli. Then sear in the griddle pan. Going to serve with stir fried broccoli and spinach.

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 19-Jul-15 16:36:26

Salad nicoise with the tuna served rare on top.

OnAPedalStool Mon 20-Jul-15 20:48:34

That sounds delicious soulful. I'm going to add Tuna to the shopping list this week.

TyneTeas Tue 21-Jul-15 15:27:20

I like salsa salad with tuna steaks, all crunchy and tasty with spring onions, chillies, corriander, parsley, tomatoes and cucumber

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/salsa-salad.html

happygirl87 Tue 21-Jul-15 15:31:48

Marinade in soy lime chilli and ginger, then grill- serve on a bed of leaves with cucumber ribbons and a poached egg

soulfuleyes Tue 21-Jul-15 17:23:17

It was delicious pedal

Be sure not to overcook them. I did them 2 mins on each side. I marinaded for 30 mins and the steaks do slightly cook in the marinade (the lime and soy do it).

I think i'll serve with TyneTeas salsa next time.

bimandbam Tue 21-Jul-15 17:25:34

I did them in a homemade putanesca (sp) sauce with pasta last week. Twas lovely.

Have a google and see if you can find jamie olivers recipe for them.

AdoraBell Tue 21-Jul-15 17:32:49

You're all making me envy my family won't eat fresh tuna unless it's "cooked properly". DH is away soon though so I'll Get some just for me kids can have fish fingers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now