dinner in with annoying challenges

(8 Posts)
AmericasTorturedBrow Thu 02-Jul-15 04:54:33

it's hot so want something summery, 2 friends coming for dinner tomorrow (thursday) night). I'm vegan, and have braces so seriously crunchy stuff is off limits, one friend is low-carbing and the other has aversions to a far number of veggies (loves mushrooms though and will at least try everything)

Any ideas?

StaircaseAtTheUniversity Thu 02-Jul-15 05:47:21

Was going to suggest this minus the chicken m.tesco.com/mt/legacy.realfood.tesco.com/recipes/bang-bang-chicken.html?sc_cmp=tp4_aff_1503186&un_jtt_redirect=sc until you said about the crunchy issue.... Although it might be okay.

The salad in this dish- watermelon, little gem lettuce, mint and corriander as I recall- is pretty amazing thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/sticky-kicking-chicken-watermelon-radish-salad-and-crunchy-noodles

hesterton Thu 02-Jul-15 06:03:00

Sweet potato, broccoli and baby corn in a peanuty sauce is good with rice.

hesterton Thu 02-Jul-15 06:03:53

Cauliflower rice for low carber.

whois Thu 02-Jul-15 18:17:46

This. But do cauli rice for the low carber.
cookieandkate.com/2015/thai-green-curry-with-spring-vegetables/

Sub whatever veg the veg hater will eat.

whois Thu 02-Jul-15 18:18:35

Obvs you'll need to get a vegan Thai green curry paste without fish sauce, or make your own.

WherewherewhereisWally Fri 03-Jul-15 13:16:04

Falafal pittas/salad with all the trimmings (yogurt and mint sauce, homemade chilli sauce, hummous, tahini etc)? Low carber has salad without pittas?

AmericasTorturedBrow Sat 04-Jul-15 05:12:51

argh so rude to post and not come back - totally forgot I posted actually, sorry!!

Figured quinoa was low-carbish (maybe not?!) and did roasted cauliflower, courgette and carrots in a lemon-tahini sauce which I've lost the link to....sprinkled with sunflowers seeds for people who weren't me. plates clean. job done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now