Inspire me with carrot suggestions!

(6 Posts)
starfish4 Thu 11-Jun-15 14:20:22

Just bought a large bag of carrots, forgetting I purchased the same thing yesterday (I'm having a real of doing stupid things). Think I'll struggle to use them, but if anyone can give me some ideas of what they'd put them in that'd be great.

Tonight I'll have some grated with salad, everyone else can have them cooked with other veggies. Doing a veggie curry tomorrow - it'll be carrot based!

Hoppinggreen Thu 11-Jun-15 14:24:02

Carrot cake!!!

OftheTwilighttheDarkness Thu 11-Jun-15 14:26:40

Carrot and lentil soup
Fry onion
Add carrots (mainly grated but some in cubes)
Lentils
Stock
Tomato purée
And dessert spoon of peanut butter

Biscetti Thu 11-Jun-15 14:34:29

Carrot and coriander soup
Or carrot, ginger and orange soup
Carrot cake
Cook, mash with butter and a pinch of ground cumin for a side dish. This can also be frozen when made. Delicious.
Coleslaw
Grate a few, freeze. Add handfuls to burger/sausage mix when making next.
Nutribullet, with ice, ginger and a large orange for a lovely refreshing drink.

Allalonenow Thu 11-Jun-15 14:35:47

Sliced up as normal, mix with equal quantity of sliced cerlery, wrap in a foil parcel with a pat of butter and bake in the oven. Very good when doing a roast or toad in the hole, takes up little oven space and no pan to wash.

Grate on the large bit of the grater, into a bowl with a knob of butter, partly cover and microwave for a couple of minutes, before serving stir through a teaspoon or so of wholegrain mustard. Good with things like steak pie, also if you are doing grated courgette and garlic, the two work well together.

Dancingqueen17 Thu 11-Jun-15 19:18:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now