Banana pancake recipe?

(10 Posts)
Highlove Wed 27-May-15 19:03:22

I'm sure I read a recipe on here that was for banana pancakes - I think it was mainly just egg and banana..? Wondering if anyone could share the recipe?

Artesia Wed 27-May-15 21:39:08

Your post is well timed- I googled the recipe this morning for DS, who is dairy free. It was just a mashed banana mixed into two whisked up eggs. I also added a splash of vanilla essence and some dark choc chunks (waitrose ones are dairy free).

Heat a little bit of oil over a medium heat and blob in a generous spoonful of the batter. Wait til the first side sets then flip over.

They were yummy possibly because of all the choc

Highlove Wed 27-May-15 21:57:21

Yum. Roll on Saturday when I'll have time to try this.

Thanks.

MERLYPUSSEDOFF Wed 27-May-15 22:02:20

If you use milk....... 1 egg, 1 mug of flour, 1 level tsp baking powder and mushed banana and enough milk (can use soya or even water)to make up a full mug. This makes the thick american / scotch pancake ones. Pour a serving spoon in a frying pan, add chocolate chips and when you see the bubbles you can flip it. We call them 'watch the bubbles' pancakes

Highlove Wed 27-May-15 22:03:32

God I'm starving now!

RuthieG48 Fri 29-May-15 13:39:29

I have an amazing recipe for banana 9coconut0 pancakes, that i've just perfected and shared on Fb, Instagram and my web page. They stick together perfectly using bananas, and lee p you full for hours! www.bebalanced.uk.com

mousmous Fri 29-May-15 13:45:11

we make banana pancakes when we have too many brown ripe ones.
roughly
2 bananas, cup of flour, 1 egg
or a little more flour + baking powder for thick fluffy ones

Madratlady Fri 29-May-15 13:52:16

Surely just egg and banana is a banana omelette?

I do 2 mashed bananas, 100g SR flour, 1 egg, 100ml milk.

dollydaydreams10 Fri 29-May-15 14:01:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

swooosh Fri 29-May-15 19:04:03

I do one egg, one banana all mashed up and a scoop of whey protein powder. You could use a small spoonful of plain flour and a sprinkle of baking powder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now