I have a lot of unused out of date today bread... What shall I make?

(15 Posts)
withalittlebitofluck Mon 18-May-15 12:56:08

As the title says! I have nearly a whole unused loaf of white bread... What can I make with it? Enlighten me!

grassroots Mon 18-May-15 12:58:58

Breadcrumbs? Put them in the freezer until you need them.

Or a vast mountain of delicious bread and butter pudding, depending on how your day is going….

CultureSucksDownWords Mon 18-May-15 13:00:06

Beaten to it by grassroots! I was going to suggest both of those...

nemno Mon 18-May-15 13:00:39

Unless I could be arsed to make bread and butter pudding, and had volunteers to eat it, I'd just turn it into breadcrumbs and put in the freezer. But it won't go off that quickly so I'd make toast out of it for a few more days.

grabaspoon Mon 18-May-15 13:01:40

Marmite bread and butter pudding goes down well here

withalittlebitofluck Mon 18-May-15 13:05:33

Thanks for your replys... One thing I forgot to add is I have a milk intolerant toddler... Umm oh what to do. Like the idea of bread and butter pudding though

nemno Mon 18-May-15 13:21:52

Summer pudding?

notquitegrownup2 Mon 18-May-15 13:24:45

If you don't want to cook anything, just pop it in the freezer - if it hasn't gone mouldy yet, then you can just take a slice out when you need it and toast it from frozen. However, I would personally take any opportunity to make a summer pudding. Mmmmm

YDdraigGoch Mon 18-May-15 13:27:41

Make bread and butter pudding with koko milk, almond milk, or one of the other dairy alternatives -works just as well. Or keep eating the bread - it's fine even after it's gone mouldy (we just cut the mouldy bits off). It might be a bit stale, but fine for toast for days yet.
Or freeze it until you need it.
How about beans on toast/poached egg on toast/cheese on toast... for everyone for tea tonight or breakfast tomorrow?

AlternativeTentacles Mon 18-May-15 13:29:20

Bread does not automatically turn into poison the day the label says it is out of date. It is often more than fine for a week after if kept in the fridge.

But toast and home made stuffing should sort you out if needs be.

Forester Mon 18-May-15 13:32:56

Treacle tart. Yummy!

SoonToBeSix Mon 18-May-15 13:34:43

What is today bread? X

withalittlebitofluck Mon 18-May-15 13:52:02

Thanks all... I Know that it's not going to kill us If we eat it tomorrow... But darling ds (10) opened another loaf in error! Bless him. Freezer is full too... Hmmm summer pudding.
Today bread:bread going out of date today.

MEgirl Mon 18-May-15 16:42:18

Croutons

BrassicaBabe Thu 21-May-15 20:05:06

Bread pudding! Not bread and butter. Bread pudding. So easy. Moreish. It's mushed up bread with mixed spice. Eaten as a slice with tea. Fab x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now