Purple sprouting broccoli

(8 Posts)

Just been given a big pile of glorious purple-ness by lovely neighbour. Any ideas for gorgeous recipes for it? Was thinking of some sort of gratin maybe.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 15-May-15 20:41:30

Just planted some in our allotments so would be interested in any recipessmile

Onykahonie Sat 16-May-15 16:39:47

I've just planted some too, so will be watching this thread.
Had a quick search and found these ideas: www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/apr/21/nigel-slater-purple-sprouting-broccoli

magimedi Sat 16-May-15 17:29:26

It is my favourite vegetable & I am happy to eat it just steamed with some butter on it & a tiny squeeze of lemon juice.

If it is squeaky fresh from kind neighbour, it really won't need much else. If you wanted to push the boat out steam it & serve it with some hollondaise to dip it in & eat it like asparagus.

Bunbaker Sat 16-May-15 17:34:48

I just blanch it and toss it in a little extra virgin olive oil and some seasoning. DD will eat loads of it when I prepare it in this way.

Thanks, all.

I like it plain like that, but wanted to make it the centrepiece, rather than just a side. I really fancy trying some sort of gratin, all oozy and cheesy and calorific. Nobody?

I don't like hollandaise.

DrDiva Sat 16-May-15 18:06:57

I am quite fond of this one

That looks v nice. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now