Not too expensive cocktails/nice drinks to serve guests

(10 Posts)
TheAwfulDaughter Tue 05-May-15 19:14:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

chocolateyy Tue 05-May-15 19:17:25

How about peach liqueur, and you could add Bellini on your list?

Canyouforgiveher Tue 05-May-15 19:19:17

nigella lawson's christmas book has a nice one of prosecco, cranberry juice and Cointreau. You wouldn't need much Cointreau. My friday night drink if we go out is either cassis or framboise in prosecco.

fieldfare Tue 05-May-15 19:21:49

We always make huge jugs of mojito's. Sainsburys do a lemon, lime and mint fizzy drink that tastes delicious on it's own, called Laimon. Perfect mixed with some ice, fresh mint and Havana rum.

ChaiseLounger Tue 05-May-15 19:33:31

Sounds lovely. Having a party myself in a month. Starts taking notes.

TheAwfulDaughter Tue 05-May-15 22:51:00

Pimms - one bottle goes a long way, and it looks so pretty if you have big jugs (Insert Benny Hill moment here) to make it in.

Prosecco is nice with a splash of elderflower cordial - shove a raspberry in the glass too, if you want to make it look as if you made an effort!

TheAwfulDaughter Thu 07-May-15 00:09:40

WanttoFindWorkLifeBalance Fri 08-May-15 17:19:26

Another thing that works really well with Prosecco is a bit of chopped up stem ginger and a teaspoon of syrup from jar of stem ginger. Got idea from using the ginger flavoured syrup used for coffee (nigella I think?) and it works brilliantly.

Wantto - That sounds sooooo good. A pity I can't drink at the moment, or I'd try it immediately!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now