Cookery Books for 10/11yr old.

(8 Posts)
Clutterbugsmum Sun 06-Jul-14 09:05:56

Does anyone have any recommendations of cook book for a 10/11 starting to cook.

I have plenty of cookery books but none that are 'simple'.

Although I can teach her she would like her a book to help her.

Onykahonie Sun 06-Jul-14 09:50:09

Not sure if you want a book for simple meals or baking recipes?
My dd has the GBBO: Learn to bake book, which isn't specifically for kids, but is easy to follow and has the most amazing brownie recipe in. Dd has been using it for a couple of years now and everything she has baked from it, has worked out well. It includes a few savoury recipes, pastry, breads, cakes and biscuits.

Clutterbugsmum Sun 06-Jul-14 12:51:46

Thank you onykahonie. She wants to start cooking 'dinner', as we don't eat a lot of sweet things.

Onykahonie Sun 06-Jul-14 21:41:01

I thought as much. We're veggie, so don't think I can offer cookbook suggestions for 'normal' families!

Cantdothisagain Mon 07-Jul-14 07:56:00

Maybe try Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food? Not aimed at kids but very easy to follow and it's mostly meals rather than baking. Would be easy to use I think.

Toowittoowoo Mon 07-Jul-14 13:40:19

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0714857564?pc_redir=1404570558&robot_redir=1

this book is excellent! I'm a grown up and I use quite a few of the recipes - teaches how to chop and is very attractively presented. I've just checked the intro and it says it is aimed at children aged 9-10 yrs maybe older.

IvyMay Mon 07-Jul-14 13:52:42

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall did a family cook book that might be what you're looking for. Lots of explanation of cooking techniques and "proper" recipes.

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 07-Jul-14 14:25:27

Sam Sterns books are very good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now