BBQ desserts

(8 Posts)
Mostlyjustaluker Sat 05-Jul-14 23:00:33

My friend is having a BBQ and has asked me to sort the desserts. I think there will be about 30 people attending.

I was thinking about making chocolate cake and scones and buying jam and cream. Does anybody have any ideas?

calzone Sat 05-Jul-14 23:03:27

We had a bbq and cooked marshmallows on it, dipped in melted chocolate. Bake bananas in their skins and serve with vanilla icecream and toffee sauce.

Choc cake is nice idea.....not so sure about scones as a pud.

I would do

Strawberries
Marshmallows
Choc sauce
Kebab sticks
Bananas

Chocolate cake

Raspberry trifle

smilesmile

Lesshastemorespeed Sat 05-Jul-14 23:07:34

Little foil parcels containing combinations of:
Summer fruit
Banana
Chocolate
Splash of liqueur
Marshmallows
Etc.

Seal the foil and pop on the BBQ for a few minutes till hot. Serve with cream or ice cream.

I put bowls of things out with squares of thick foil and a bottle of Tia Maria/Kalhua and let people make up their own. You can 'write' your name or symbol on the foil with the end of a skewer or something.

Just keep the booze away from the kids wink

Rainicorn Sat 05-Jul-14 23:10:13

For the children, let them toast a marshmallow over the coals (adults supervising) then putting between two chocolate digestives, choc touching mallow.

Delicious.

Mostlyjustaluker Sun 06-Jul-14 07:43:38

Sorry forgot to say the kids are only one.

I was thinking of something I could sort before I got there and then had no responsibility for.

BeCool Sun 06-Jul-14 07:56:26

Pavlova and fruit salad

Politelydeclining Sun 06-Jul-14 08:01:15

Fruit salad/ meringues, strawberries and cream/ two types if ice cream plus marshmallows, malteasers and wafers for any older children

Pavlova, trifle, tiramisu also good - people eat tooth at bows by the time they get to Dessert they're full so keep it light.

Politelydeclining Sun 06-Jul-14 08:02:05

Tooth at bows ???! grin at autocorrect!!

Too much at bbqs !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now