Liberte yogurt . yay or nay

(13 Posts)
KillmeNow Sat 28-Jun-14 13:58:56

I bought some Liberte yogurt as I was sucked in by advertising curious about the new product. I like yogurt and the addition of a fruit layer adds interest.
Ive just opened the first Liberte pot and its horrible. I dont usually have greek style yogurt so maybe that is part of the problem but I cant eat it.I can feel it backing up against my teeth .Is it always so dry?I opted for the honey layer one and its making me heave with the combination.

There is a money back offer on the packaging so I will do that but really - is it me?

ouryve Sat 28-Jun-14 14:13:58

It's full of starch and guar gum to thicken it. Real Greek yoghurt is strained and doesn't need thickeners.

KillmeNow Sat 28-Jun-14 14:15:50

Ah that explains the very weird texture then. Serves me right for buying it I suppose.

Anyone want 3 pots of honey layered Liberte?

Ibizatime Sat 28-Jun-14 20:10:55

It's absolutely rank

BestIsWest Sat 28-Jun-14 20:16:46

Not tried it but DH did and he says it's vile.

peachesandpickles Sat 28-Jun-14 20:16:48

It's awful. I love plain, natural yoghurt but I tried the Liberte with blueberries I think it was and I couldn't eat it.

It's a nay from me.

BestIsWest Sat 28-Jun-14 20:17:26

The new Tesco finest Greek yoghurt is totally yummy.

Mini05 Sat 28-Jun-14 20:32:27

Nay, it's like glue sooo thick

KillmeNow Sat 28-Jun-14 22:49:29

Im normally and Aldi type of shopper but found myself in Asda looking for cheap wine and thought i would give it a whirl. After Aldis lovely yogurt this is an abomination.

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Mon 30-Jun-14 20:32:47

My parents love yogurt, especially Greek yogurt. My dad will eat anything. He says the liberte yogurts are rank.

I really like the honey one. smile

kentishgirl Fri 04-Jul-14 09:39:34

OK, it's a fat free greek style yoghurt.

So without fat, how are they making it thick and creamy? Adding what is essentially glue paste! Of course it's vile.

I love Greek yoghurt.

I tried another low fat one, once. It looked exactly like that solid Dulux non-drip white paint. I made myself put it in my mouth. It had exactly the texture and taste I imagine solid Dulux non-drip white paint has. Foulness in a pot.

KillmeNow Sat 05-Jul-14 16:48:11

It looked exactly like that solid Dulux non-drip white paint.

Thats exactly what it did resemble .

I brought the rest of the pack for the gannets at to work and they have been eaten eventually. The reception was very mixed and one person had a spoonful and gave the rest away.

What was I thinking? I will know better next time when it comes to well advertised non fat yogurt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now