People coming Saturday night - Any ideas on what to cook?

(7 Posts)
LS24 Wed 25-Jun-14 08:48:10

My friend, her husband and two kids (8 and 6) are coming round on Saturday night. Normally we usually end up getting a take away as then we can order what the kids will eat but I thought that this time I would cook! Any ideas on what I could make that would suit everyone? I don't want to spend all day in the kitchen cooking, but I want to make something nice that we can all enjoy. I am afraid I have got into a bit of a rut with cooking lately! TIA!

Sweetmotherfudger Wed 25-Jun-14 08:49:42

Fajitas. Easy. Lots to pick at. Healthy if you want them to be. Good if you're veggie or not.

Rainydayblues Wed 25-Jun-14 09:46:13

Nigella's warm shredded lamb salad with mint and pomegranate give the kids lamb without the bits if they are fussy. Serve with Jamie's balsamic dressed cucumber with olives, tomato, humous and pitta. Easy!

TyneTeas Wed 25-Jun-14 20:35:00

How about chicken kebabs

marinaded chicken, peppers and yoghurt in pita bread (you can always leave some chicken plain if you don't know if the kids'll eat it)

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/chicken-kebabs.html

Rooble Wed 25-Jun-14 20:38:51

A roast chicken with new potatoes and salad (if you don't dress the salad kids can pick out the bits they like if they don't do lettuce. You can buy nice gravy if you don't want the faff of making your own.
Followed by Eton mess. Sim

LS24 Thu 26-Jun-14 12:56:55

Oh yum. I like all these suggestions. Going to have a look at these recipes suggested as they sound good. Think I will go with chicken as most people eat that don't they?! Will definitely try the lamb for DH and me. Thank you all!

nappyaddict Fri 04-Jul-14 11:20:28

joint of meat in the slow cooker served with salad or steamed veg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now