Tapas suggestions for my tea

(12 Posts)

I'm making tapas for tea tonight (just because)

So far I have made small meatballs in a lovely tomato sauce (totally boasting) and some chicken wing things that i've done a salt and pepper/ spring onion type marinade from. I'm probably also going to do a roast garlic and beetroot dish too.

After that I have the following ingredients to make a couple more dishes out of.. any suggestions?

1 Courgette
2 sweet potatoes
fresh anchovies
king prawns
chicken thighs
Red onions
Westmorland cumberland Sausages
Cherry Tomatoes
Salady stuff
lots of sauces and spices, fresh and dried herbs.

Tapas me up please!

guess i'm on my own then? And now I have beetroot stained fingers too. Booo

MsHighwater Sat 24-May-14 18:40:16

Can't help with suggestions but it sounds delicious.

Youdontneedacriminallawyer Sat 24-May-14 18:44:10

Any eggs? Potato omelette is a must.

Prawns piri piri

Patatas bravas with sweet potato might work, and I'd cook the sausage and serve sliced into rounds.

redcaryellowcar Sat 24-May-14 18:44:38

how about Spanish omlette, off top of my head you would need to fry some onions in shallow frying pan, add some cooked potatoes (imagine sweet potatoes might be nice too?) then add whisked egg or two, season with salt and pepper, don't shuffle it about let it become similar shape to frisbe, turn over and cook through?

redcaryellowcar Sat 24-May-14 18:46:00

sorry for cross post!
not sure very Spanish but courgette frittas?

I've started a spicy potato dish, i've used the same tin I cooked the meatballs in so it has meaty fat in it and a small amount of tomatoey/ paprikay juice left over from when I picked them out of the sauce and baked them again briefly. Added a bit more garlic and some herbs. Looks tasty!

Ahh I love food.

kukeslala Sat 24-May-14 18:52:26

Spicy garlic prawns

I do want to use the courgette somehow as it is definitely approaching being past its best. Unfortunately there is not a single raw egg for anything frittata/omlette-ish in the house as Men ate them for breakfast.

mmmm starter. Just waiting for everything else to finish cooking

and the rest.

Was lovely grin

Now just need a caterer who could do this for a wedding party

Youdontneedacriminallawyer Sat 24-May-14 23:34:42

Looks good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now