I have just got a small chest freezer

(15 Posts)
PickleMobile Sat 12-Apr-14 16:48:20

Tell me what I can freeze!

PickleMobile Sat 12-Apr-14 16:49:15

Cottage pie is being done tomorrow by the way to go in once it freezes up.

Dancingqueen17 Sat 12-Apr-14 20:25:58

Pizza bases

Dancingqueen17 Sat 12-Apr-14 20:31:37

I have a large chest freezer and love it! I buy loads of supermarket bargains close to closing time! I also make double lots of family meals and portion them up into single servings for the kids if I'm not home. We do have lots of pizzas, frozen peas and fish, come to think about it!

Oh and bread. Now I never run out of bread as I have loads in the freezer smile

CbeebiesIsAboutToPop Sat 12-Apr-14 20:35:32

Ooh I started a thread like this a few weeks ago! I love my new chest freezer, it's still not full but bread, milk, cheese all great to haves plus frozen veg and sauces. Some one talked about red sauce and white sauce, they really are great as you can add them to anything!

Fish pie, lasagne, cottage pie, stews/goulash, home made pies, fish cakes, chicken fillets .........

PickleMobile Sat 12-Apr-14 20:49:51

Fish pie is on my list, as is a trip to Iceland. blush

Bread, milk and knocked down meat also.

Ooh our butcher apparently does a freezer pack. Might have to invest!

WeAllHaveWings Sat 12-Apr-14 21:11:59

I've got a very small 3 tiny drawers freezer and would love a chest freezer but don't have any room sad

I would use it to store more chicken, meat, sausages etc from a brilliant farm shop which is 30 mins drive away but quality and prices are excellent.

Would also use to store some raw bones/meat for my dog from same shop.

Other than that would use it to store cooked leftovers from stews, bolagnase, mince etc

WeAllHaveWings Sat 12-Apr-14 21:13:10

Oh and frozen desserts, especially ice creams and moulds for make your own fresh fruit juice ice lollies.

Pickle, I made that trip to Iceland too, the day my freezer was delivered. grin They do some horrid food (ready meals etc) but have some good frozen veg esp corn on the cob, chips of course, Warburton's sliced bread is a pound for a large loaf and they have some decent fish fillets, prawns etc.

Enjoy!

Mrswellyboot Sat 12-Apr-14 21:37:51

I cook large batches of curry and stew. Soup too.

Oh and home made curries and dahls freeze beautifully. Morrisons do 3 packs of 3 duck legs, so 9 legs altogether, for £10. They also freeze brilliantly

randomAXEofkindness Sat 12-Apr-14 22:07:01

I've got sliced pork in gravy, ragu, marinara sauce and minced beef in gravy in mine. I cook in bulk and then freeze family sized portions in large zip lock bags. I don't do stew because it would take up too much space.

PickleMobile Sat 12-Apr-14 22:11:38

Thanks everyone! What's the best way to keep track if what's in there? We were thinking of using a white board?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now