DP has just announced he hates meatballs....

(11 Posts)
WilsonFrickett Fri 11-Apr-14 23:27:45

DH has a curry recipe where you hard boil eggs, peel them, then wrap them up like a scotch egg with mince mixed with finely chopped onion and garlic, then you simmer in a tomato sauce. Needs to be quite a lot of sauce and takes a while to do, but if you like curry you could use any of your favourite sauces to do it.

crispyporkbelly Fri 11-Apr-14 11:47:09

I put some cooked mince under macaroni cheese mmm

No, one year olds dribble IN to your ears!

wishinwaitinhopin Fri 11-Apr-14 09:34:01

So now I feel very very stupid for not thinking of burgers!! I like bolognese in lasagne but hate it on its own (the cheese and cream make it acceptable!)

Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions. DP is very fussy. I didn't think of chilli either!

Sometimes I wonder if my brain is dribbling out of my ears! (I blame my one year old)

Thank you all!!!! grin

RustyBear Fri 11-Apr-14 09:28:59

Oh, and you can spell bolognese...

RustyBear Fri 11-Apr-14 09:28:45

I do mince in a pan with rice - my mum used to call it risotto, but I don't think it really is. I just brown the mince with garlic, thicken and add herbs and stock, cook for a bit, then add more water and the rice and cook with a lid on till the rice is done. It freezes well to heat up for later.

cottage pie
beef koftas (or are they too close to meatballs?)
chilli con carne
beef keema curry
mince and tatties

your bolognese sauce spelling is perfect, but isn't that what you use in lasagne anyway?

gamerchick Fri 11-Apr-14 09:27:53

Slow cooker chilli con carne? Burgers are a good one. Cottage pie?

Quinteszilla Fri 11-Apr-14 09:26:46

Mix the mince with finely chopped onion, garlic seasoning, allspice, ground and leaf coriander, egg and some flour to keep it together, and make "gastro pub burgers" with chunky chips. MMmmmmmm

Quinteszilla Fri 11-Apr-14 09:24:46

Burgers?

wishinwaitinhopin Fri 11-Apr-14 09:23:34

And I've bought enough beef mince to feed a country.

Was going to do lasagne and fajitas. I hate bolognese (can't spell that word).

What can I do with all this mince??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now