What's for dinner tonight?

(45 Posts)
atthestrokeoftwelve Sun 16-Mar-14 14:33:36

I'll start- pile of home made pakora, some chicken ones & some veg ones, with chilli sauce and yogurt dip. Served with salad. Not the healthiest by the kids have been asking for them for a week or two.

What's yours?

Mintyy Sun 16-Mar-14 14:35:00

Roast chicken, roast potatoes, stuffing, broccoli, green beans, carrots and gravy. Probably ice cream and berries for pudding.

atthestrokeoftwelve Sun 16-Mar-14 14:36:52

Oh yummy- sounds lovely. We are having roast chicken tomorrow.

Bacon risotto, not very exciting but DD wants it.

Pork and prawn meatballs in miso soup. I'm hung over and need something reviving -beyond the big Mac I had for breakfastwink -

TheArmadillo Sun 16-Mar-14 14:53:33

We had a big lunch (beef, carrot and red wine stew) so probably whatever we can scavenge, especially as due to go food shopping tomorrow.

mrspremise Sun 16-Mar-14 15:06:48

pesto lasagne

bigkidsdidit Sun 16-Mar-14 15:09:41

We've just had roast chicken, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, peas and broccoli. Tonight we'll just have cheese on toast.

RubberBulletKisses Sun 16-Mar-14 15:18:07

Minced beef and yorkshire puddings, with carrots, peas and whatever other frozen veg I can be arsed to chuck in the steamer smile

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Sun 16-Mar-14 15:18:22

Sausage tacos, according to DP. Hmm.

MrsDavidBowie Sun 16-Mar-14 15:20:32

M and S curry..should have had it last night but we went out instead.

HeyMicky Sun 16-Mar-14 15:22:31

Roast chicken here, too. Cooked with chilli and lemon, with buttery couscous and green beans on the side

It's lovely and sunny here today so doing roast chicken with Caesar salad and crusty bread smile

ItStillLooksLikeRainDear Sun 16-Mar-14 15:25:57

Roast lamb, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, broccoli, carrots and gravy. Yummy. Must go & put the lamb in the oven now.

Marrow Sun 16-Mar-14 15:25:59

Fish pie.

Raxacoricofallapatorius Sun 16-Mar-14 15:26:34

Bangers and mash, veg, onion gravy.

Ginger cake and custard.

Ooh I need some inspiration, also a bit hungover and have managed to eat a sausage and cheese sandwich for breakfast but haven't had anything else since then.

I really fancy lasagne and chips but
a. Am doing SW and weigh in tomorrow
b. Can't be arsed to make it

I love pesto and love lasagne - never had them together - is there a recipe MrsPremise

We are having Masala Roast Chicken - a mix between the Hairy Bikers and Madhur Jaffrey, probably with rice and veggies.

Capitola Sun 16-Mar-14 15:28:28

We're having the pasta dish which is promoted in store at m&s at the moment.

It involves papardelle, butternut squash, courgettes, chicken & mushrooms. Sadly, the essential ingredient - the paste, was completely sold out. Dh is confident he can recreate it. I don't cook, so I can't complain.

jessabell Sun 16-Mar-14 15:37:56

Minestrone soup in slow cooker

CrispyHedgeHog Sun 16-Mar-14 15:41:51

I've made a curry - smells gorgeous, can't wait grin

mumbaisapphirebluespruce Sun 16-Mar-14 15:43:52

Roast chicken with lemon, thyme and garlic. Roasted root veggies; beetroot, parsnips and carrots, possibly with a yoghurt dressing.

Eminybob Sun 16-Mar-14 15:44:53

Slow roasted pork shoulder with chilli and beer. Recipe courtesy of James Martin. DP's fave.

atthestrokeoftwelve Sun 16-Mar-14 15:45:13

capitola- how do you get away with not cooking?

thefirstmrsrochester Sun 16-Mar-14 15:49:17

Almost the same going down here mum
Lemon, garlic & rosemary roast chicken, crispy (crosses fingers) roasties, roast root veg, stuffing and gravy.

Drooling in anticipation.

Oh, and an amaretti and peach pudding that dd is planning on putting together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now