Advice on what to cook please.

(12 Posts)
ineedsomeinspiration Thu 20-Feb-14 11:59:50

I have a friend coming round for dinner, she is on a restricted food elimination diet due to problems with Migranes.

At the moment she can't have any carbs, wheat, yeast, dairy or sugar.

I don't know what to cook for dinner. Everything in my house usually comes with pasta, rice or potatoes. Would very much appreciate some advice.

Hi
Would she be able to eat say spicy roast chicken? If you buy some peri-peri seasoning and mix with oil, you can marinate the chicken for a while. Even try Tandoori seasoning? Serve with salad and sweetcorn cob. Or maybe rice?
Hope this helps.

Oh, I forgot to add a photo. This recipe is on my blog. The RAITA sauce is really easy to make too.

ineedsomeinspiration Thu 20-Feb-14 12:12:22

No rice allowed but I have seen recipes online for cauliflower rice, anyone tried that?
She could technically eat a roast chicken but has a bit of a bird phobia which also extends to eating them! Probably sugar in the peri peri seasoning too.
You see my dilemma. Do I just serve a plate of meat and veg?

ineedsomeinspiration Thu 20-Feb-14 12:13:45

I would love that but if the Raita is made with yogurt then that's no good as dairy.
I would like to make her something nice as shes stuck on this elimination diet for a while and not a big cook herself.

clearsommespace Thu 20-Feb-14 12:16:26

My mind has gone blank but there's an asian dish which is basically lots of green veg with chili peanut sauce. If you made your own you could ensure there's no sugar.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 20-Feb-14 12:17:07

Look at the pig in the kitchen website. You can choose egg/dairy/wheat/gluten free.

Replace sugar with agarve syrup maybe?

Just ask your friend for suggestions if it was me I wouldn't mind.

clearsommespace Thu 20-Feb-14 12:21:16

I'm thinking of 'gado gado'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gado-gado

There's bound to be sugar free recipe somewhere online.

Yes I forgot the raita was yoghurt. Sorry.
Gosh tricky one? What about fish? I've made a few recipes such as spicy red pepper sauce with monkfish. You could serve that with ribbons of carrot and courgette.
I also made Harissa chicken - you can serve that with lots of roasted vegetables such as courgette, onion, carrot etc

ineedsomeinspiration Thu 20-Feb-14 13:09:00

We both love fish so that could work well. Anyone know a good fish curry recipe?

I've made a quick fish curry if that helps. Obviously if friend can't eat rice, you can substitute with other vegetables. In the recipe you can substitute the milk for a non-dairy alternative. And omit serving with yoghurt.

Here's the link if you are interested. forgetdietingforever.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/delicate-fish-curry.html

ineedsomeinspiration Thu 20-Feb-14 17:21:55

I've gone with a fish curry and going to make cauliflower rice as seems that lots of recipes online with comments at how nice it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now