Nice saturday night meal using chicken breasts

(17 Posts)
Cat98 Wed 19-Feb-14 14:53:05

I have some chicken breasts that were on offer in the fridge at the moment! On Saturday nights we usually have a nicer meal than the general midweek fayre. Nice curries/steak etc.
Please share your best chicken breast recipe! Open to any ideas smile

Thank you

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 19-Feb-14 15:08:04

As it happens, tonight I'm making a simple Thai Green Chicken Curry. A few tablespoons of Thai Green Curry Paste heated with coconut milk and poach the chicken pieces with some vegetables (green peppers, sugar snaps) until tender. Lovely

TyneTeas Wed 19-Feb-14 18:14:26

This chicken and bacon casserole is a favourite in our house

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/chicken-and-bacon-casserole.html

Or if you want something quick, marinade chunks of chicken in this and serve with pittas, chopped peppers and yoghurt

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/chicken-kebabs.html

I've had a request this week for DS1's favourite Saturday night dinner - chicken breasts stuffed with Wensleydale cheese and wrapped in Parma ham/prosciutto. We serve with a garlic, cream and white wine sauce (then I can drink the rest of the bottle grin) baby new potatoes and green beans.

scarlettsmummy2 Wed 19-Feb-14 18:58:39

Chicken fajitas

FastWindow Wed 19-Feb-14 19:01:42

Ah! I came in to say fajitas but I see scarlett beat me to it. Nice interactive meal imo. :-)

anja1cam Wed 19-Feb-14 21:05:16

Stuffed chicken breast. Really simple.

Follow the instruction here, but you can vary the ingredients:
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chicken-stuffed-goats-cheese-tarragon
I use toothpicks help to keep things together.

There are plenty of variations of you search on bbc good food. The original recipe I had used mozzarella, seasoned with thyme, and wrapped in streaky bacon. Or use a more flavourful melting cheese like strong cheddar. For a lower fat version use low-fat philly with herbs and garlic and wrap in bresaola or any other deli meat you fancy... The possibilities are endless and I always think it's a bit special.

Cat98 Wed 19-Feb-14 22:51:00

Thank you- all sounds lovely!
I think we'll try the chicken and bacon casserole this time. But the rest will be bookmarked for the next time!

Cat98 Wed 19-Feb-14 22:52:20

Ooh x posted - or the stuffed chicken breasts! Can't decide...

Snowdown Wed 19-Feb-14 23:38:43
CaurnieBred Wed 19-Feb-14 23:56:16

We copy one of the M&S 2 for £10 dishes. Pat the breasts dry with kitchen roll, spread over a little cream cheese then sprinkle some pepper and grated parmesan onto that. Put into a small roasting dish with some lardons and cherry tomatoes (usually allow 3-5 tomatoes per breast); cook for about 30 mins at 180 in a fan oven.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 20-Feb-14 13:56:48

We like fajitas when everyone is home too.

baldisbeautiful Thu 20-Feb-14 16:54:21

The chicken and bacon casserole sounds yummy, might have to try that one.

Cat98 Fri 21-Feb-14 18:07:30

Have completely about-turned and we're having fajitas! But have bookmarked the other ideas for the next time chicken breasts are on offer, thanks!

tethersend Fri 21-Feb-14 18:12:04

Chicken Katsu curry next time- it's great

This is gorgeous and very easy. From Jamie Oliver Ministry of Food.

clarecooks.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/jamie-olivers-chicken-leek-stroganoff/

tb Sun 23-Feb-14 14:26:28

Wrap in streaky bacon and cook on a baking sheet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now