Do you want to play ready steady cook with the contents of my fridge?

(11 Posts)

Because I am really uninspired by it.

We have chicken, pork, frankfurters (nice ones), carrots, red peppers, some very shrivelled mushrooms, 3 eggs.

Loads of storecupboard basics like onions, garlic, potatoes, dried herbs, pasta, rice, noodles, couscous. Not much in the way of spice just some dried chillies and ginger. (I do have a fajita mix packet but no wraps). Tinned tomatoes, and some stir fry veg in the freezer.

Obvious is stir fry but every time I make that I'm STARVING half an hour after eating it.

Oh, we also only have 2 hobs, no oven, and only a crappy microwave grill which doesn't actually grill anything.

Just me and DH eating.

DoItTooJulia Mon 17-Feb-14 19:20:37

Sausage casserole?

Tagine with cous cous?

Dominoes?

Dominoes, haha, I wish. Am not in UK.

TinyTwoTears Mon 17-Feb-14 19:26:26

Home made tomato pasta sauce with frankfurters chopped up into it. Put the red pepper and mushrooms in there with a sprinkle of chili.
Serve with pasta.

Have you got any white wine?

I'd fry off the onion, garlic and pepper, and then add sliced chcken (I;m assuming its raw, add it later if already cooked). When nearly done, add a stock cobe if poss, and a little flour. Add some white wine to make a sauce, and then serve with rice or pasta.

If no wine, add tinned toms before chicken, and let the sauce thicken before adding (ideally pre fried in this case, but suspect that will break a 2 hob configuration) chicken. Serve with Pasta

ouryve Mon 17-Feb-14 19:31:05

You could make up the chicken fajita mix, with the chicken, onion and peppers and have it over potato wedges? (make jacket potatoes in the microwave then brown the wedges in a frying pan, with a little oil)

Frankfurter and onion frittata? Could also be eaten with jacket potatoes

Ooh very creative Ouryve, I like grin

Love the wine idea too although we don't have any wine <woe> I guess amaretto wouldn't work grin

Or if anyone can tell me how to make a stir fry filling, that could work too. <fickle>

Bankholidaybaby Mon 17-Feb-14 19:36:59

That's decided - I'm definitely having Dominoes. I take this thread as a sign.

Bah! Meean!

I'm liking the wedges idea though. I'm going to have to make some! Which means I need to wash a frying pan.

Bankholidaybaby Mon 17-Feb-14 20:07:34

Mmm - pizza and cookies. I've had a shit day - don't hate me.

Haha, it's OK. I made the wedges and they turned out really nice! I'll definitely be making them again. However one hob stopped working halfway through, so I had to make it in stages. Still, easy quick dinner, I'm happy smile (And we have a new cooker thing on order from amazon anyway)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now