Milk in packed lunches...how?!

(13 Posts)
BornToFolk Wed 29-Jan-14 13:38:02

DS wants to have milk with his packed lunch. He currently either has a resuable bottle of water, or a carton of juice/milkshake every so often.

What do you put milk in for packed lunches? It seems weird to put it in a water bottle with a sports cap (which is all we have) as the cap would go manky. Or is it possible to buy small cartons/bottles of milk? You can get them in Asda, apparently but not our small local one...

I'm sure our morrisons sells mini bottles of milk (in the chill with other milk) or you may find some cartons near the uht milk.

If they deliver ion your area then milk and more sell small cartons

BornToFolk Wed 29-Jan-14 13:59:50

Thanks ilove! Do you use milkandmore ever? Is it like the old style milkman where you get regular deliveries, or do you know if you can just do ad hoc orders? The price of their ordinary milk is a bit steep for me to want to get all my milk there but thoese little cartons are perfect so it would be good to stock up on those every so often!

they dont deliver in my area so dont know what they are like. Saw them recommended on another site though.

jennimoo Wed 29-Jan-14 14:02:44

I've been searching for small uht cartons for DD but the supermarkets only seem to sell soya ones. I'll have a look at milk and more.

from their FAQ's:

Are there any minimum order requirements?

If you have set up a regular payment method such as Direct Debit or automatic credit card payments then no order is too small. If all you need is one pint of milk or a loaf of bread - that's fine by us.
If you are doing a One-off order then the minimum amount for the order is £2.50 in order for us to process your card payment.

Does your school use Cool Milk? Ours allows us to pay for milk which is then supplied by the school, a bit like a follow on to foundation stage milk.

jennimoo Wed 29-Jan-14 14:08:24

I can't see them on the milk and more site sad

BornToFolk Wed 29-Jan-14 14:11:52

thanks again ilove. I might look into doing a one off order then, or trying to get to Morrisons.

I'm actually in school tomorrow on a governor's visit so I might see if it's possible to buy milk. DS insists that it's milkshakes only.

jennimoo they dont do uht ones, just the fresh milk ones. Our school offers a choice of plain, strawberry and chocolate milk in the school dinner hall.

LittleBabyPigsus Wed 29-Jan-14 15:12:10

Asda also do mini bottles of milk, in the section with the milk and fresh milkshakes.

Artandco Wed 29-Jan-14 15:17:59

You can get little thermos bottles to keep fresh milk cool. Look on amazon, they have pop up tops etc as usual

DS2 sometimes takes regular milk decanted into a drinks bottle from Paperchase, which has a wider mouth and can go in the dishwasher. I just put it in his (insulated) lunchbag with an ice pack and it's fine. At least at this time of year it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now