NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

fish recipes that don't taste too fishy

(6 Posts)
lackingideas Tue 21-Jan-14 23:41:42

I don't really like fish, but I've decided I should start cooking it, for health reasons and in the hope my DC will end up less fussy than me!

Can anyone recommend recipes that I might like? I need to avoid dairy.

HighVoltage Wed 22-Jan-14 08:23:37

Home made fishcakes might be a good start - there is a good recipe at the end of this article.

And if you like pesto, try this salmon with pesto topping which is really tasty and I don't think fishy at all.

Rice, peas, leeks and flaked fish is tasty; add other stuff like mushrooms , peppers etc

Snowdown Wed 22-Jan-14 11:35:23

You need to choose your fish carefully. The fresher the fish the less fishy it will smell and taste. I fry some white finish in butter, skin side down to give a really crispy skin, flip over when 3/4 of the thickness of fish is cooked. Serve with a fresh cherry tomato sauce - add some chopped capers for the adults, some greens and new potatoes.

fish curry?
Fish in tomato & veg sauce with pasta?

And every now and again there's a place for a fish finger sandwich with ketchup!

Fish n chips grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now