Baby blender/normal blender/hand blender!!!!

(7 Posts)
BettyBoo246 Tue 21-Jan-14 11:36:07

My ds has been weaned since 4mths (paediatrician orders!) and he's now nearly 6mths I would like to start blending up our food for his dinners etc rather than keep using the jars.
All along I thought just a normal kitchen blender would do but now I'm being told by various people that they are too big, they won't get the food puréed enough if it's small amounts?
So what I thought would be a simple process now has me baffled - what does everyone else use?

madamecake Tue 21-Jan-14 12:57:14

I've always used a hand blender for purées and the food comes out perfectly smooth. Sometimes I've had to add some extra liquid bit that's it. Don't waste your money on a baby one!

DipDabDabDip Tue 21-Jan-14 12:59:36

I use either a mini blender, about £8-£10, you can get them in asda, Morrisons etc, or I just mashed with a fork.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 21-Jan-14 13:34:16

Hand blender or mini blender are fine. As he's six months already, the food doesn't have to be perfectly smooth anyway. If pureeing small amounts is difficult, tackle a larger amount and just freeze the spare portions. That's how I used to do it.

gretagrape Tue 21-Jan-14 15:42:54

Don't use a normal blender for a small amount - it takes ages to scrape it all out so you aren't wasting any!
Also a hand blender is good if the mixture isn't very watery - my normal one just seems to get clogged up unless the mix is really liquidy (or maybe that's just me).

BettyBoo246 Tue 21-Jan-14 16:26:04
madamecake Tue 21-Jan-14 18:47:18

That looks ideal to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now