What to do with a spare pack of puff pastry?

(17 Posts)

I have made a pie, but didn't need the second, backup pack of pastry. Any ideas? Preferably something I can freeze and then whip out ready to eat/bake.

Pancakeflipper Sun 08-Dec-13 23:24:46

Make sausage rolls.

MrsShrek3 Sun 08-Dec-13 23:25:59

yy to sausage rolls.
alternatively a pie with posh puff pastry top.

LakeFlyPie Sun 08-Dec-13 23:27:09

You could freeze the pastry.
If you particularly want to make something now maybe either these or this for pudding

If I freeze it now, I might as well bin it as I am useless at defrosting and using things from the freezer.

Can I freeze sausage rolls before cooking? Do I just cook from frozen whe I want them?

MrsShrek3 Sun 08-Dec-13 23:58:20

part cook and then refreeze smile

Shaky Mon 09-Dec-13 00:03:19

Make a savoury slice thingy.

Roll out pastry onto a baking try, spread on some salsa/BBQ/sweet chillisauce/tomato purée, add chopped mushrooms, ham or whatever else you find in the fridge, cover with grated cheese, cook until done.

Bloody lovely grin

OR make some jam tarts

HanneHolm Mon 09-Dec-13 00:03:42

Wrap it around your head ?

Dollybird86 Mon 09-Dec-13 00:07:23

Jam tarts! They freeze well and will be handy in a week or two as a emergency sweet treat!

I didn't know you could make jam tarts with puff pastry. Lots of lovely ideas. I might not wrap it around my head though.

AnAdventureInCakeAndWine Mon 09-Dec-13 00:22:34

Mince pies? That's what I'm doing with my pack of puff pastry.

TheZeeTeam Mon 09-Dec-13 00:30:29

Roll out and cut into finger sized pieces. Bake and then sprinkle with icing sugar. Nutritionally bankrupt, but a very tasty occasional after school treat.

We call them ZeeTeam Fingers (obviously, the ZeeTeam bit is our real surname!).

these are amaZing

Really easy and very yummmm

Not puff pastry but if you have any left over shortcrust these are absolutely bloody amazing..

www.ohbiteit.com/2013/02/caramel-crescent-snickerdoodles.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FyMZJL+%28Bite+it%29

Once you try them you will be making pastry especially just to make them!

firstpost Mon 09-Dec-13 13:48:24

1 x Packet of bacon chopped up. 6 x eggs, beaten. Split pastry into 2 thirds / one third. Roll out large section and line a greased pie tin. Add bacon and egg and season. Roll out remaining pastry and place over top, crimping to close. Egg wash. Oven at 170 for 45 minutes.

Had it for lunch today smile

MadMonkeys Mon 09-Dec-13 18:53:40

Salmon en croute.

APipkinOfPepper Mon 09-Dec-13 18:56:49

Cinnamon & raisin swirls?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now