Pork joint in the slow cooker...

(13 Posts)
BumgrapesofWrath Thu 28-Nov-13 22:17:04

I've got a pork joint that needs eating, and I've got a busy day tomorrow so could do with bunging it in the slow cooker!

I've had a look around the internet for recipes, but nothing is filling me with much confidence. Does anyone have any ideas?

PS I also have a load of bramley apples if that helps

BumgrapesofWrath Fri 29-Nov-13 00:05:08

Bump!

SlicedLemon Fri 29-Nov-13 00:10:25

why not just bung it in as it is with a couple of apples and onions and serve with veg and gravy. I often do this with a chicken when in a rush. just put a splash of water in the bottom to dyopy it drying out.

ItsTheOnlyWayToLIve Sat 30-Nov-13 15:01:01

Hi op, I'm cooking a pork joint in my SC tomorrow, cider braised pork, and if you have wholegrain mustard to hand (smeared into scores made on the fat of the joint), along with cider, hot pork stock, carrots and a garlic clove you're well on your way. I can send more details if you like smile

ItsTheOnlyWayToLIve Sat 30-Nov-13 15:02:26

Ha! Only realised you posted 2 days ago grin
Hope you enjoyed your porksmile

gamerchick Sat 30-Nov-13 15:04:49

I do pork in cider slow cooker as well. It's really nice and I'm not a huge fan of pork.

ItsTheOnlyWayToLIve Sat 30-Nov-13 15:09:26

Thanks gamerchick, this will be the first time I've tried this recipe, and also the first time I've used pork in the SC so your post is encouraging, really looking forward to it smile

I am too tired and lazy right now to do it myself but google epic pork. It's amazing.

ItsTheOnlyWayToLIve Sat 30-Nov-13 15:28:27

Think I will do, thanks Antoinette smile

gamerchick Sat 30-Nov-13 15:28:44

Hope you enjoy it. smile

Slow cookers are the best.. knock it all together and chuck on and leave. I think I've only ever had one disaster out of one.

ItsTheOnlyWayToLIve Sat 30-Nov-13 15:52:04

Exactly gamer, wish I 'd bought mine a lot sooner smile

BumgrapesofWrath Tue 03-Dec-13 01:05:53

I better report back! Sliced up some Bradley apples and onions, chucked the pork in top, and just added a little pork stock. It was the most delicious thing ever, and the gravy I made with the juices was superb. I think I'll be doing it every week!

I'm off to the butcher's tomorrow now to do this. I can smell it!

Glad you enjoyed it fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now