1kg of frozen pork mince.. ideas please.

(12 Posts)
Tinlegs Wed 06-Nov-13 16:42:57

Pork burgers. Make using fresh ginger.

MumOfTheMoos Wed 06-Nov-13 16:40:45

I second buying same amount of beef and then adding 3 x 400g chopped tomatoes, onions (fry them and add the mince to thrm) and water to rinse out each of the tomato tins. You'll have enough to make 4 lasagne for 4 plus leftovers and can freeze two of them.

AnonYonimousBird Wed 06-Nov-13 09:09:49

Ive not defrosted it yet, so still very pleased to receive these ideas too!!

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 05-Nov-13 16:19:32

I'd have gone for meatloaf. Flavour the pork mince with fried onion, mustard, Worcester Sauce, herbs, garlic etc, combine with breadcrumbs or oats, stir in an egg. Then line a large loaf tin with streaky bacon, fill with the pork mixture, wrap the bacon over the top, case in foil and slow bake in a roasting tin half-filled with water for about 2 hours.

flatpackhamster Tue 05-Nov-13 16:08:11

How about pork pies?

Thai crumbled pork in lettuce wraps?

purrtrillpadpadpad Tue 05-Nov-13 13:38:01

Ooh, perhaps a bit late to the thread, but I made pork and rosemary lasagne last week and it was divine, recipe on bbcgoodfood. Needs 500g lamb mince, could be a nice change?

AnonYonimousBird Tue 05-Nov-13 13:36:22

Thanks everyone. Ragu is tempting, though have at least 6 portions already frozen (though you can never have enough - I love it!).

And yes, I think make and cook and refreeze meatballs in pasta sauce is a good bet as well.

Thanks.

defrost and mix in with finely chopped garlic, salt and worcester sauce, and plenty of smoked spicy paprika (or normal paprika and a big pinch of cayenne/black and white pepper). To make spicy chorizo style meatballs, which when cooked in a tomato sauce are FAB over spaghetti. Fave meal in this house! need to add plenty of the flavouring though.

The rest of the meatballs in sauce can be frozen in portions until later use.

LifeofPo Tue 05-Nov-13 12:15:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sarahandemily Tue 05-Nov-13 12:13:47

If you cook it first you can re-freeze it. Don't know if that gives you more options

AnonYonimousBird Tue 05-Nov-13 12:10:59

I have this, it is currently frozen and I will need to defrost it all as stupidly I didn't divide it up before I froze it.

What would you do with that quantity? We are two adults and two hungry children, and I want to make good use of it but not have endless meatballs for days on end and clearly I cannot refreeze.

TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now