NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

What are you making with pumpkin?

(13 Posts)
princessx Wed 30-Oct-13 14:06:50

I'm carving our pumpkin this afternoon, and looking for some inspiration with what to do with all that pumpkin flesh!

HahaHarrie Wed 30-Oct-13 19:44:42

Soup - I love pumpkin soup
Pumpkin scones sound gross but I think they are tasty.
Pumpkin bread

HahaHarrie Wed 30-Oct-13 19:45:12

Pumpkin mash
Roast pumpkin

Mumsex Wed 30-Oct-13 20:07:04

Compost.

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 30-Oct-13 20:21:52

We didn't carve a pumpkin. But I made about a million mini pumpkin pies with various squashes... And pumpkin bread. Should have tried the pumpkin scones. Will bookmark it for the next squash ...

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 30-Oct-13 20:24:07

grin mumsex

Fritters, with cinnamon sugar. My favorite thing about this time of year!

JamInMyWellies Wed 30-Oct-13 20:33:14

Pumpkin and chocolate bread. super yummy

HuevosRancheros Wed 30-Oct-13 20:40:42

Baked pumpkin seeds

And compost grin

Artandco Wed 30-Oct-13 20:44:14

Roast the seeds
Pumpkin risotto

Sausage and pumpkin casserole
Pumpkin risotto
Chicken and pumpkin laksa
Pumpkin soup
Pumpkin pie
Pumpkin and lentil curry (I use green lentils as they look nice with the orange)
Pumpkin roast slices with pork chops
Pumpkin puree cheesecake (nigella)
Pumpkin and bean chilli
Pumpkin and root veg roasted with halloumi
Pumpkin and red pepper fajitas
Punkin and meatballs in a Moroccan harissa stew (nigella)
Roasted cubes of pumpkin with garlic, thyme and chilli stuffed in flatbread with salad and red onion (hfw veg)
Stuffed pumpkin- halved and stuffed with lentils, veg and feta with spices and a side salad.

Its a pound a pumpkin at the minute and each gourd makes two meals- serious budget cooking. I love pumpkin season, and just treat it like any squash.

jennimoo Fri 01-Nov-13 06:19:53

Pumpkin cake, just like carrot cake smile

I do this one but don't bother with the icing. It freezes well too IIRC.

siblingrevelry Fri 01-Nov-13 09:17:48

If anyone gets cheap pumpkins today you have to make valentine warner's Dad's pumpkin soup. Google it, it's amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now