NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

I am having a breakfast party....

(26 Posts)
AnonYonimousBird Tue 15-Oct-13 14:28:09

for grown ups, so what would you serve? Needs to be or have a vegetarian option (fish is ok).

I'm thinking Kedgeree, but what else could I do?

rubyrubyruby Tue 15-Oct-13 14:29:25

Sit down and all eat together or buffet?

nicename Tue 15-Oct-13 14:36:25

What's the occasion?

If its casual then I'd go for a mix of continental; croissants, breads, cheese, sliced meat, boiled eggs, museli, yoghurt, fruit...

Or porridge, scrambled egg, toast, pancakes, sausages, bacon , grilled tomatoes.

Or bagels - scrambled eggs/salmon, etc

FIFIBEBE Tue 15-Oct-13 14:39:43

I would try and avoid eggs unless hard boiled. I think eggs are best cooked fresh and need some faffing, everything else can be kept warm.

WallyBantersJunkBox Tue 15-Oct-13 14:43:01

Bircher müesli in a nice chilled serving dish for people to help themselves
Fresh juice and coffee
Oven baked rolls - the part baked frozen ones from Aldi are delish
Oven baked croissants - with jam, butter, honey
Warm bagels - cream cheese, fine salmon slices
Cheeses and hams

AnonYonimousBird Tue 15-Oct-13 14:44:12

Sit down eat together. No occasion, just my turn to host our breakfast club.

Smoked Salmon done very recently at another person's house, otherwise I'd have been in there like a shot!

Def kedgeree

ProfondoRosso Tue 15-Oct-13 14:49:39

What a lovely idea!

You could make breakfast sundaes: natural yoghurt topped with fruit compote and granola.

Oven baked croissants are a brilliant idea - just leave out pots of jam and some good butter.

Scandi cinnamon buns would be good to make in advance, if you have time: Dan Lepard buns

A selection of different fruit juices, teas and coffees would be good too. Just fill a couple of teapots with hot water and let people choose their teabags.

mamij Tue 15-Oct-13 19:33:33

We stayed over at a friend's once and she did a lovely fruit salad (blueberries, raspberries, banana, satsuma, apples) and served up with Greek yoghurt and honey. We also had warm croissants and tea/coffee.

AnonYonimousBird Wed 16-Oct-13 09:15:44

OOO, so many lovely ideas here. I now need to think!

I am keen on the kedgeree, however, having it done and ready in time without a load of faffing may be beyond me...

Thanks everyone

Vatta Wed 16-Oct-13 09:22:23

Ricotta and raspberry pancakes are good - do all the prep in advance then just a couple of minutes in the pan.

goodasitgets Wed 16-Oct-13 23:41:55

My friend makes amazing cinnamon rolls with pecans and maple icing. She gave them me with hazelnut coffee and it was delicious grin

BiscuitMillionaire Wed 16-Oct-13 23:45:10

I had a go at making brioches recently - delicious, and not too difficult. Serve with apricot jam.

ForrinForrinerFromForrinLand Wed 16-Oct-13 23:48:18

I went to a Canadian breakfast at my bro's inlaws and they served freshly made waffles with raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, maple syrup, bacon, cream and cream anglais. It was amazing! Wasn't convinced on the bacon and maple syrup together but the rest was lovely.

wtf1981 Thu 17-Oct-13 22:38:33

Full English?!

Waswondering Thu 17-Oct-13 22:40:47

Have you looked at Pinterest? There are some lovely blueberry breakfast cakes, with lemon etc.

Enjoy!

devonsmummy Thu 17-Oct-13 22:51:45

Breakfast muffins with bacon
Eggs benedict (yum I'm drooling!)
Spanish omelette

BikeRunSki Thu 17-Oct-13 22:54:37

Eggy bread is my favourite breakfast thing, but faffy for a party.

luverlytea Fri 18-Oct-13 02:33:10

Eggs Benedict get me drooling too!
Once we had a breakfast party.It was pot luck, and everyone brought something different.
There were potato parathas, cabbage powa (flat beaten rice), curried yellow peas with pooris(fried bread), potato curry with pooris.
We made scrambled eggs with green garlic (like spring onions).
All washed down with hot gingery tea!

Timpetill Fri 18-Oct-13 02:46:02

If you want prepare- ahead, fuss free eggs, what about baked eggs? You can do individual ones in ramekins, and there are heaps of combinations, just shove them in the oven when your guests arrive. I second butcher meusli too, yummmmm

Timpetill Fri 18-Oct-13 02:47:57

Butcher meusli? hmm bit too carnivorous , try bircher

rootypig Fri 18-Oct-13 03:02:45

Kedgeree I think is a good option because you can make the constituent parts in advance then throw it together. In fact it's better if the rice has a chance to dry out - then it absorbs criminal amounts of butter grin

FadBook Fri 18-Oct-13 03:34:42

Proper Staffordshire oatcakes with cheese and bacon, cheese and tomato, and cheese and sausage.

Can be pre done and kept warm in the oven. Nice buffet food too

I'm drooling at all of the suggestions - love breakfasts!!

Snowlike Fri 18-Oct-13 07:17:07

Huevos rancheros or shakskuka....love a bit of a chilli hit for breakfast.

bigkidsdidit Fri 18-Oct-13 07:21:19

I was going to say baked eggs, then you can prep in advance. With croissants and granola, berries and yogurt smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now