Best fish pie recipe?

(9 Posts)
berri Mon 14-Oct-13 16:37:22

I need one without smoked fish in it, as we have moved to the USA and I can't bloody get it over here!
Any recommendations gratefully received smile

ShoeWhore Mon 14-Oct-13 20:10:37

The Jamie Oliver one with boiled eggs in is pretty good. although it does contain a ton of cream!

berri Tue 15-Oct-13 02:26:09

Thanks, will look it up, although DH not a cream fan!

phantomhairpuller Tue 15-Oct-13 05:03:50

this is my favourite

Jamie Oliver again.

Recipe calls for smoked haddock but I just used whatever fish I fancy at the time- it works just as well smile

DontCallMeDaughter Tue 15-Oct-13 05:20:36

Best fish pie recipe is the Guardian Perfect Fish Pie... I've done extensive Fish Pie research! This one is the right balance between reasonably easy and very tasty... I leave out the anchovies (urgh) and breadcrumbs (lazy) and in your case is substitute smoked fish for salmon....

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/jan/27/how-cook-perfect-fish-pie

Sorry can't do links on iPhone hmm

And the chocolate cake in the same series (How to make the perfect....) is equally as amazing.

berri Tue 15-Oct-13 16:14:37

Thanks all!

Don't would you substitute the smoked fish for smoked salmon, or just normal salmon?

DontCallMeDaughter Tue 15-Oct-13 18:58:20

Oooh probably a bit of both... Smoked salmon would give it the nice smoky flavour and normal salmon would bulk it out. Smoked salmon is quite expensive though so it depends how decadent I'm feeling!

luverlytea Tue 15-Oct-13 20:04:57

dunno if it's of any help, but you can get liquid smoke in the USA.

berri Sun 20-Oct-13 05:22:12

Hmm I've never experimented with liquid smoke but that could be the answer! Maybe we can have our 'normal' fish pie after all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now