Pots and Pans

(6 Posts)
calamitygin Thu 10-Oct-13 14:44:36

I have a ton of John Lewis vouchers and need to replace pretty much all my pots/pans and cooking tins.

The following will be staying:

Huge solid soup pan
Le Creuset casserole dish with lid (also massive)
1 large frying pan/1 small frying pan
A 2 tiered (metal) steamer

the rest is, quite frankly, shit (buckled/loose pan handles/wrong size/no lids etc).

What do I need? roasting pan, small saucepan for milk etc, medium saucepan?

any particular brands? love those copper bottom ones but really do need non stick ...

Pantah630 Thu 10-Oct-13 21:23:42

I love my le crueset tri-ply milk pan and frying pans, they're ££'s but worth it as last a longtime. I still have my grandmother in laws prestige pans, had them 20+years and she had them a while before me! they're still going strong but if I had a sudden windfall I'd replace these with the triply ones and give mine to DS1. Have a large stock/pasta pot that's used regularly, a selection of mermaid roasting/baking sheets, they don't buckle when you use them on the hob.
Am very jealous I'd love to be able to splurge in the JL cook shop, go enjoy yourself smile

calamitygin Fri 11-Oct-13 13:19:15

thanks Pantah630 I don't have a lot of cupboard space so what I really want to do is get the minimal amount with maximum usage iyswim. So I want multipurpose rather than one pot for this and one pot for that.

Anyone else?

Pantah630 Fri 11-Oct-13 14:45:22

I get you, in which case, a milk pan, an extra large saucepan that doubles as a pasta cooker, and another that your steamer will fit on or it may fit on the extra large one. I cook from scratch most evenings and rarely need more than two saucepans. You already have fry pans and a casserole, is it a round one or oval? The round is easier to use on the hob for risottos and curries. A couple of baking trays that you can keep in the oven, I keep most of mine in there as very little cupboard space.

calamitygin Fri 11-Oct-13 14:53:50

it's a round one, bloody massive (but brilliant). The soup pot doubles as pasta pan.

So:

large roasting tin, couple of baking sheets, small milk pan, medium pan that goes with steamer. I can always add to that right?

Pantah630 Fri 11-Oct-13 21:44:08

Sounds good. My round one was my Mums so over 45 years old, I use it at least once a week and it's still going strong smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now