Couscous

(7 Posts)

How do you have yours? Recently bought some on a whim and now find I don't know what to do with it. Any suggestions?

PlumpkinPie Wed 09-Oct-13 11:38:23

Avoca do a fabulously addictive couscous salad here
But this is also delicious and [[http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1741/onepan-lamb-and-couscous EASY-PEASY!

PlumpkinPie Wed 09-Oct-13 11:39:04

OOps...sorry forgot to close bracket on that link so here is the second recipe link www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1741/onepan-lamb-and-couscous

ceeveebee Wed 09-Oct-13 11:45:07

With with chargrilled vegetables (frozen from waitrose or do your own if not lazy like me!) and sundried tomato paste

Or with fresh herbs and lemon juice as a side dish

Leopoldina Wed 09-Oct-13 11:48:16

make it up with stock not water, obviously. Lots of chopped herbs if you have them. Good for stuffing peppers, with stews, when you've run out of time to make mash...
If you're feeding it to small children, bear in mind it'll go everywhere and it's q hard to clear up.

YDdraigGoch Wed 09-Oct-13 11:53:29

Make a salad with all or any of the following: chopped tomato, sweetcorn, chopped ham, cucumber, sultanas, pine nuts, peas, grated carrot, peanuts, tuna, chunks of cheese - anything really.

SillyTilly123 Wed 09-Oct-13 15:34:47

Ooo I've just tried making cous cous after a disaster a few years back. I roasted some veg in the oven (carrot, courgette, parsnip, pepper, onion etc) then made the cous cous with veg stock (oxo cube cos i'm a cheater wink) then add the roasted veg to the cous cous. Was delish hot but also nice cold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now