Quick, your quickest, easist pudding recipe please?!

(32 Posts)
twofalls Thu 03-Oct-13 18:14:52

I have completely over stretched myself tomorrow and have friends round for dinner (old friends, very informal). I am doing nachos and enchiladas and have already made a lot of it (salsa, guacamole, enchilada sauce all done) - what pudding can I make that will take no time with 3 children aorund my feet (and don't suggest they help - they will just argue and the whole thing will take 10 times as long grin)? I need to shop tomorrow so ingredients not a major problem.

thankyou.

afromom Fri 04-Oct-13 17:08:21

Mmmm Agnu! I'm going to make that for pudding tonight!

twofalls Fri 04-Oct-13 19:52:33

Thanks everyone. Made choc mousse on the end but love these ideas for next time.

MERLYPUSS Fri 04-Oct-13 22:46:42

Posh vanilla ice cream with various topping to swirl through. Maple syrup, crushed strawberries, smashed dime bars, chpped nuts, chocolate fudge, etc.

Norem Fri 04-Oct-13 22:53:00

Give them too much tequila and they will forget all about pudding! Job donesmile

Slainte Fri 04-Oct-13 22:53:24

Easy peasy recipe from pippa Middleton:

Salted Chocolate Tart

Serves 6-8, I'd say more like 10 as its very rich

170ml double cream
2 tbsp whole milk
Half a tsp of vanilla extract
50g caster sugar
150g chopped dark chocolate with sea salt (I've used Lindt and it works well)
35g unsalted butter, cubed and at room temperature
205g sweet pastry case

Put the pastry case onto the plate you want to serve it on.
Warm the cream, milk, vanilla extract and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a simmer, take off the heat, then stir in the butter and chocolate until melted. Leave for 2 minutes then pour into the case. Set in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight (I've only ever done it overnight).

Recipe says to serve with creme fraiche. I've served it with raspberries to cut through the sweetness.

Do you have an espresso/coffee machine?

Make affogato - shots of espresso served in cups with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a glass on the side. Pour coffee over. yum.

curlew Fri 04-Oct-13 22:58:40

One tin sweetened condensed milk. The same volume of double cram. 6 teaspoons espresso coffee powder. Beat together til peak stage. Freeze in a plastic box. Take out of the freezer and put in the fridge 15 minutes befor serving. Warm some brioche rolls. Scoop out centre and fill with coffee ice cream. Serve with coffee liqueur.

Thank you Nigella.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now