Help me find some interesting ways to use my chilli's.

(5 Posts)
mrspremise Fri 13-Sep-13 21:42:57

It's really amazing, I was taught to make it by a local chef; he makes the stock with a ham hock then uses the stripped off meat for a lentil salad (with garlic and parsley) the day after... smile

LordLurkin Fri 13-Sep-13 21:38:02

Now that soup sounds great!

I love sweet potato and ham soup.

mrspremise Fri 13-Sep-13 21:35:08

Pierce the skin of a chilli and add it to any soup or stew you cook, you get the flavour but not the blunt force of heat. It's how I introduce chilli in things to my kids.. then a little (and steadily more) diced flesh, then a few seeds, etc, etc... Sweet potato soup made with ham stock and chilli works REALLY WELL smile

pudseypie Fri 13-Sep-13 21:33:45

make some jams and jellies to give for xmas presents.

LordLurkin Fri 13-Sep-13 21:23:29

I planted some chilli seeds (16 of them) that I got from a friend in my greenhouse. And they have grown into pretty impressive bushes that are laden with very hot chilli's.

The first problem I have with them is the sheer heat that each chilli puts into a dish. And the second is the massive volume of chilli's.

I like very hot and spicy but my DW likes it a little more subtle and the DC's a lot tamer. I need some ideas to use the massive amounts I have in various ways.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now