Super fast nibbles...

(8 Posts)
AnonYonimousBird Fri 13-Sep-13 14:35:24

Kato - thanks, I will take a look in the freezer section!

KatoPotato Fri 13-Sep-13 13:48:33

I'd clearly prefer a sausage roll to some celery... <fat mare>

KatoPotato Fri 13-Sep-13 13:47:51

Tesco do really nice frozen goodies, like duck spring rolls, prawns, sausage rolls etc. They cook from frozen in 12 minutes.

AnonYonimousBird Fri 13-Sep-13 13:45:19

Nuts! Definitely, and cheese with celery is a goodie too.

phew, sorted, thanks.

Fourkisses Fri 13-Sep-13 13:17:27

Olives, falafel, nuts, ready cooked samosas, cheese board with grapes & celery

AnonYonimousBird Fri 13-Sep-13 13:16:35

Cold meats and pieces of cheese with crackers - yes yes, good call. Plus pickles, everyone in our family loves pickles! Thank you.

And thank you! He is one seriously happy birthday boy!!

WowOoo Fri 13-Sep-13 13:14:21

Salads in bowls
Slices of cold meats
Bread rolls or crackers
Cheese

Happy birthday to your son!

AnonYonimousBird Fri 13-Sep-13 13:11:56

I have the family coming over this evening to celebrate DS's (9yo) birthday - not a full meal/party situation, but chance for the children to play and have some cake and juice and adults have a glass of wine plus some nibbles. It's all a bit last minute, but with it being a Friday, we thought what the hell.

I have a chance to dive into Tesco in between collecting DS and DD from after school clubs but I will only have approx 30-40 minutes between getting home and people arriving and I need to put together some SERIOUSLY QUICK, ie. 2 minutes prep nibbles.

Obviously, there's crisps and dips, I am going to do little sausages on sticks (luckily already have those, so prepping in the oven tray before I go out) but I want to do something else that I can just chuck together and my brain has fried and gone blank!

So, ideas please for two minute tasty nibbles! Only catering for 8 people, and it doesn't equate to a meal, just something to go with a glass of vino....

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now