Super fast nibbles...

(8 Posts)
AnonYonimousBird Fri 13-Sep-13 14:35:24

Kato - thanks, I will take a look in the freezer section!

KatoPotato Fri 13-Sep-13 13:48:33

I'd clearly prefer a sausage roll to some celery... <fat mare>

KatoPotato Fri 13-Sep-13 13:47:51

Tesco do really nice frozen goodies, like duck spring rolls, prawns, sausage rolls etc. They cook from frozen in 12 minutes.

AnonYonimousBird Fri 13-Sep-13 13:45:19

Nuts! Definitely, and cheese with celery is a goodie too.

phew, sorted, thanks.

Fourkisses Fri 13-Sep-13 13:17:27

Olives, falafel, nuts, ready cooked samosas, cheese board with grapes & celery

AnonYonimousBird Fri 13-Sep-13 13:16:35

Cold meats and pieces of cheese with crackers - yes yes, good call. Plus pickles, everyone in our family loves pickles! Thank you.

And thank you! He is one seriously happy birthday boy!!

WowOoo Fri 13-Sep-13 13:14:21

Salads in bowls
Slices of cold meats
Bread rolls or crackers

Happy birthday to your son!

AnonYonimousBird Fri 13-Sep-13 13:11:56

I have the family coming over this evening to celebrate DS's (9yo) birthday - not a full meal/party situation, but chance for the children to play and have some cake and juice and adults have a glass of wine plus some nibbles. It's all a bit last minute, but with it being a Friday, we thought what the hell.

I have a chance to dive into Tesco in between collecting DS and DD from after school clubs but I will only have approx 30-40 minutes between getting home and people arriving and I need to put together some SERIOUSLY QUICK, ie. 2 minutes prep nibbles.

Obviously, there's crisps and dips, I am going to do little sausages on sticks (luckily already have those, so prepping in the oven tray before I go out) but I want to do something else that I can just chuck together and my brain has fried and gone blank!

So, ideas please for two minute tasty nibbles! Only catering for 8 people, and it doesn't equate to a meal, just something to go with a glass of vino....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now