NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

How long can I store homemade pasta salad?

(5 Posts)

My dc have developed a pasta habit - I make pasta with raw carrot, peas, egg, ham / tuna etc for packed lunch - they then add dressing at lunchtime. Trouble is preparing it is missing up my morning. How long would cooked, cooled pasta last in fridge, bearing in mind that it will also need to sit in a classroom for a few hours (I generally put something frozen in bag as well).

sooperdooper Wed 11-Sep-13 12:44:42

You can make it the night before, or make up a big batch of it and it'd keep for about a week I reckon

mrspremise Wed 11-Sep-13 21:15:16

when I was at uni I'd make a vat of pasta salad on Sunday to get me through the week and I'm still alive... Admittedly the judicious application of cheap gin and plonk may have helped wink

onepieceoflollipop Wed 11-Sep-13 21:16:50

I would say 2-3 days. wouldn't fancy week old especially if the ham/tuna etc had also been open for a week!

Thanks - was thinking of making night before or max two nights before - so always less than 48hrs. Wouldn't add the meat until the day but would save some time in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now